Global Warming - Do you believe it ?

chelseafan

How many millions of cars sit idling at traffic lights every minute of the day...or in jams...or how many millions of diesel trucks and cars are on the highways every minute of the day...WTF, get real!

How many kids does Ted Turner have...ohhh, five! and how many tens of thousands of square feet does Al Gore have in his house...JC on a crutch, the people belching all this crap are the biggest offenders!!!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How many millions of cars sit idling at traffic lights every minute of the day...or in jams...or how many millions of diesel trucks and cars are on the highways every minute of the day...WTF, get real!

How many kids does Ted Turner have...ohhh, five! and how many tens of thousands of square feet does Al Gore have in his house...JC on a crutch, the people belching all this crap are the biggest offenders!!!

Ted Turner, don't get me started on this asshole, what is he, also the biggest single/non corporate recipient of government farm subsidies? People really need to pull there heads out and stop this corruption shit...oh wait, "Dancing with the stars" is on, never mind...

Okay' date=' if you don't believe in global warming, why do you think its being pushed on us? I want to hear why you think the opposition is so hell bent on changing things?

[/quote']

Because its easy. It deflects govermental criticisms, allows goverment to set up even more quangos, opens the door for more taxation, allows goverment to take more control of our lives (chips in wheelie bins for example. These are just the ones that come to mind.

My .02 = humans and our activities have an impact on the planet, ozone, climate, and what-not. Exactly how significant it is = in question. I think the planet may be a bit more resilient than our collective egos would like to believe, and we're not 'all that' from the perspective of mother nature, which could likely shrug us off without noticing we're gone.

From multiple trips to Arcata CA (ex girlfriend), I was exposed to some fairly militant environmentalists, most of them members here: http://www.northcoastearthfirst.org/ - but there were also several smaller groups active. Some of the people involved were pretty sharp --> but a lot of them weren't and I got the sense that the real reason they were there was because they wanted to be part of a movement fighting 'the man.'

And that's people. They're irrational, they want to be part of a group and believe they're the good guys, and some will take the fantasy aspect of that pretty far. So causes like this which aren't clearly defined and center around end-of-the-world rhetoric...

I don't know.

Okay' date=' if you don't believe in global warming, why do you think its being pushed on us? I want to hear why you think the opposition is so hell bent on changing things?

[/quote']

Because its easy. It deflects govermental criticisms, allows goverment to set up even more quangos, opens the door for more taxation, allows goverment to take more control of our lives (chips in wheelie bins for example. These are just the ones that come to mind.

The oil companies don't need to do anything, why should they? There is a finite amount of oil and they know that we will depend on them until the last drop is sucked out of the earth...

One reason global warming is being pushed to the front of the line is to keep us from seeing the real pictures - higher deficets, unwinnable wars, grwing unemployment, more home foreclosures, etc.

Archived