Global Warming - Do you believe it ?

chelseafan

I am sipping on my GT (gin & tonic), full glass with ice cubes, as the ice melts (global warming), my drink does NOT over flow...so much for the ice melting and flooding out the world (and I am NOT sipping on the drink)!

Can you really be this scientifically naive? Glaciers are not floating in the ocean!

Do this experiment.

1) Mark the level of your GT in the glass without ice.

2) Place chopsticks across the top of the glass.

3) Place ice cubes on top of the chopsticks.

4) Wait for the ice to melt.

5) Check the level of the liquid in the glass.

6) Adjust your tin hat.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am sipping on my GT (gin & tonic)' date=' full glass with ice cubes, as the ice melts (global warming), my drink does NOT over flow...so much for the ice melting and flooding out the world (and I am NOT sipping on the drink)!

...[/quote']

Can you really be this scientifically naive? Glaciers are not floating in the ocean!

Do this experiment.

1) Mark the level of your GT in the glass without ice.

2) Place chopsticks across the top of the glass.

3) Place ice cubes on top of the chopsticks.

4) Wait for the ice to melt.

5) Check the level of the liquid in the glass.

6) Adjust your tin hat.

An ice cube(glacier) displaces more water when frozen, whether floating or anchored. When they melt, the water level does not go up!

From Mr. Wizard 101 (for the gray hairs that remember him in the USA a while back).

Nahhh, the Dutch would add a windmill or three and keep things going!

Actually, in the past few years, the ice has expanded! Yes, the ice has grown, as in, there is no global warming...this is part of the debate but goes silent as it doesn't support the Carbon Tax, like in, making the international bankers rich!!!

Cav, you are just a tool of Big Oil. :snowlaugh

Meanwhile, in the lower 48, smaller rivers of ice 7,000 years in the making are vanishing as well. "You mean Glacierless National Park?" says Ed DesRosier, the owner of a northwestern Montana tour company, when asked about his region's startling meltdown. A member of the Blackfeet Nation, DesRosier grew up near the park. He and his ancestors have watched the glaciersâ€â€monumental forces of nature that have carved out sacred valleys and pyramidal peaks over the course of millenniaâ€â€decrease in size and in number, from 150 in the mid-19th century to 37 named glaciers in 1968, on down to 27 today.

Archived