Global Warming - Do you believe it ?

chelseafan

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rising sea levels gets the media attention, but what about drought ? An increase in the frequency and severity of hurricanes like Katrina ? Even I laugh at some of the things scientists are willing to tie in to global warming, but the cost of doing nothing still seems considerably worse than the cost of trying to reduce our emissions. Just walk 20 or so blocks along Suk one afternoon and tell me that its a *good* thing to be slaves to the internal combustion engine.

Maybe it is just information is much easier to gather - so in the past all these natural events still happened, but wasn't freely know around the world immediately?

This indeed is a good point.

But when did the Industrial Revolution begin?

Guest lazyphil

Krakatoa more than likely spewed out more nasty crap than puny mankind and lowered the global temp i once read and mother earth just dealt with it.....i'm not saying global warming is or isn't happening.....i just wonder what the truth really is.

Krakatoa more than likely spewed out more nasty crap than puny mankind and lowered the global temp i once read and mother earth just dealt with it.....i'm not saying global warming is or isn't happening.....i just wonder what the truth really is.

Krakatoa released about 5 cubic miles of dirt, with the majority quickly settled out. The world uses about 1 cubic mile of oil and 1 cubic mile of coal per year. Couple this with the destruction of forests around the world and it isn't a pretty situation. :(

Archived