Global Warming - Do you believe it ?

chelseafan

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest lazyphil

yep, we are doomed, all trying to find scapegoats, US gov..or citizens...india, china, brazil......its, you me, us, them.....recycling tin cans makes us feel like we're doing good but frankly its like rearranging the deck chairs on the titanic.

What I find quite amazing is that all the data accumulated go's back to 1860 - A mere 150 years or so. The earth is reported to be 4.5 billion years old. Surely the error rate must be high. Who's not to say that we are due to go through a heated period anyhow, the earth is changing, land masses move all the time and yet we are led to believe that POSSIBLY humans are to blame.

Data collected is mostly from land-based weather stations so again this could be flawed due to eronous distortions (factories, human population etc).

There is indirect temperature evidence for the period before direct observation (flora, sea life, etc).

Estimates are made for the period since 1750 of the major radiative forcing factors thought to be important in climate change. Analysis of these emphasizes the role of biospheric CO2 release and increasing methane up to the early twentieth century. Fossil fuel burning had a minor role until the mid-twentieth century, with the relatively small effects of fossil fuel CO2 being cancelled by sulphate aerosols from the same source. It is shown that, by using reasonable estimates of the contributions by greenhouse gases and anthropogenic and volcanic aerosols, a simple box-diffusion climate model simulates many features of the observed record of global climate change as estimated from both instrumental and glacier data.

Okay, if you don't believe in global warming, why do you think its being pushed on us? I want to hear why you think the opposition is so hell bent on changing things?

If you believe in it, I would like to ask to what extent do you think we should change things. Curtail emissions? Eliminate fossil fuels totally? Horse and buggy?

Also, as I mentioned before if there is human induced global warming, etc. happening and it could be proven without question by science, does anyone think the oil industry and related industries would support it? I saw what happened with the tobacco industry and even in the wake of evidence that can not be denied the CEOs still said they didn't believe it caused cancer when asked by congress. Wouldn't the oil company CEOs say the same?

Hi,

Very well paid servants in that case :)

On a more serious note, I think that if the entire world population decided to switch to an alternative fuel source that these 'servants' would still do all in their power to keep everyone using oil.

I honestly believe that the only way to unveil a viable alternative to oil would be to flood the Internet with the discovery and give it away for free. Anything other than that would result in *severe* pressure from the oil companies to either sell them your idea (which would then be buried) or to keep quiet.

Big corporations, like governments, ONLY care about themselves and will do just about anything to secure their continued existence.

Sanuk!

Archived