Global Warming - Do you believe it ?

chelseafan

Guest lazyphil

solar or nuclear powered areoplanes?......the only thing moving tons of areoplanes skywards is oil......or are we going to move goods and people around by clippers?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest lazyphil

until everyone understands we all have to make huge and sevre lifestyle changes....nothing will change. you cant have your cake and eat it. fuck global warming, who cares i'm bangkok bound in august!....dont those 747 beautys use a gallon of fuel per minute or something like that!?

Okay, if you don't believe in global warming, why do you think its being pushed on us? I want to hear why you think the opposition is so hell bent on changing things?

Because its easy. It deflects govermental criticisms, allows goverment to set up even more quangos, opens the door for more taxation, allows goverment to take more control of our lives (chips in wheelie bins for example. These are just the ones that come to mind.

The oil companies don't need to do anything, why should they? There is a finite amount of oil and they know that we will depend on them until the last drop is sucked out of the earth...

solar or nuclear powered areoplanes?......the only thing moving tons of areoplanes skywards is oil......or are we going to move goods and people around by clippers?

Obviously you have never heard of GTL Fuel (Gas to Liquid) in which Natural Gas is converted into synthetic Liquid Hydrocarbons using the Fischer-Tropsch Process

The worlds first commercial flight using GTL happened 9 weeks ago on 12 October 2009, a Qatar Airways flight from Heathrow to Doha.

Oil Companies are investing big bucks on alternative fuels, the Project I am working on in Qatar has currently cost Royal Dutch Shell $24 Billion and is expected to go much higher by the time it comes online.

India may well take the stance of 'screw you, we are going to continue building coal power stations !', but the Chinese are finally realising that cities like Shanghai, Shenzhen and Beijing simply wont be able to support life if they continue at their current rate. Given the interest on the money they have loaned various Western governments in recent times, I expect that they will be in a position to invest in a mountain of new and highly profitable alternative technologies. We dont have any solar billionaires in Oz, even if we did help educate one :

http://www.guardian.co.uk/global/2008/jul/25/solarpower.alternativeenergy

I'll disagree on China, the only thing the average China man cares about is making sure he dies with more money in his pockets then the next guy. If he can oppress/hold people down in the process, so much the better for him. It makes no difference if he has to sell cardboard disguised as pork buns, or cat meat as chicken, or contaminated dry wall, lead painted toys etc...all that matters is that he dominate and have it all, and more. These people are ruthless and eat their own, and could give a shit about the environment.

If global warming is a hoax' date=' but that's what it takes to make polluters clean up their act, then it's fine by me. [/quote']

Much cheaper to just ban the imports of goods made in those countries. That will get their attention. :up:

HH

The real cause is not abot the environment, it is about destroying foolish first world economies with cheap, maybe dangerous goods!

http://www.howstuffworks.com/question192.htm

one gallon per second!.....its total weasel words anyone who advocates the global warming hype and is concerned for planet earth and still chooses to fly anywhere.

Bullshit!!!

I have been on many vessels that use gas turbines and the only ones that burn one gallon/sec are sea going ships, at full throttle.

The airplanes use well under 1/2 of this. Maybe during take off (5 minutes?) they use 1 gal/sec but when cruising, they use far less, approx. 10 ~ 20 gal/sec, depending on speed, headwinds, etc.

I have ridden in the cockpits and on the bridges of the ships...for sure!!!

http://www.howstuffworks.com/question192.htm

one gallon per second!.....its total weasel words anyone who advocates the global warming hype and is concerned for planet earth and still chooses to fly anywhere.

Stopping all jet travel wouldn't make any significant difference in CO2 levels! It is like being concerned about a discarded bottle while next to an open sewer. :doah:

Archived