Higher value coins in circulation next year

The_Munchmaster

The yellowish 2 baht coin is recent, to give it a different look to the 1 baht coin in both size and color.

The 25 satang and 50 satang coins are also nothing new - I'm not sure if it is even viable to make them anymore for that cost.

The only place I really see them in use is in the supermarkets and hypermarkets. Most other businesses will not even bother with the satang anymore.

Cheers!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Had a quick lunch yesterday at MBK on the 5th floor, called Fifth something....

BB

Fifth Food Avenue.

I go along with the call for a 2,000 THB Banknote. In UK highest denomination note is GBP 50 but I would never dream of using one to pay for a GBP 2.50 bus fare, same as I wouldn't use a 1,000 THB note for a 70 THB taxi fare here.

Wallet always has over 1000 THB in 100's and over 100 THB in 20's to avoid the "No Change" scenario.

Fifth Food Avenue.

thats it, red fond.

nice place, lots of choices, not that cheap.... similar to Foor Loft in Central.

I go along with the call for a 2,000 THB Banknote. In UK highest denomination note is GBP 50 but I would never dream of using one to pay for a GBP 2.50 bus fare, same as I wouldn't use a 1,000 THB note for a 70 THB taxi fare here.

Wallet always has over 1000 THB in 100's and over 100 THB in 20's to avoid the "No Change" scenario.

I agree that larger notes are needed.

Look at the Euro, we have 5 - 10 - 20 - 50 - 100 - 200 - 500 banknotes, 500 Euro is today about 23500 Bt.

BB

Archived