What's all this about "The Arab"?

Wallenda

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why is the culture of this board always along the lines of any poster that doesn't map int our way of thinking is an banned ex poster or something equalliy negative?

All I am saying is that this board isn't what it was. 13 pages and you havent pinned down ANY knowledge on the guy. [Personal info removed - KS]

He doesn't fuck his girls, but does fuck the Russians. [Personal info removed - KS]

And you call yourself mongers...on the prowl.... and you aint even got the basics after 13 pages of drivel.

Get back to your bar stool on soi katoey

Wow, you sure seem to know him well. Tell us more about [Personal info removed - KS]

RY was old. He claimed to have voted for Carter' date=' that was what 1976? So he'd be in his 50's and still living in the crap end of town, and riding the bus.[/quote']

Rogie lived in the Mission district - originally founded by some jack Spainards from Tubac, Arizona. What? Tubac older then San Francisco? Yelp.

I grew up in the Mission District. It was a shithole full of poor white trash, Mexicans and Filipinos, and a few blacks. It is still a poor shit hole, but now some white yuppies are moving in. Anyone with a decent job and some self respect would live elsewhere.

The Mission district was founded by Spanish missionaries of some sort, who built a church there, Mission Delores, and others along "El Camino Real." Also known as the Mission highway. Runs from L.A. to San Rafael or Santa Rosa or something. AS far as cities go, SFO came after many others. Gold rush was what really built it up.

OH, precisely, its not like he's just got one bar we can avoid he now has so many establishments its affecting the character of the whole street. You add to that the No Name groups Suzi Wong and Shebas who charge a piss taking 150B for a beer and its just not getting anything but worse IMHO.

Simie.

But we had this years ago when there were well subscribed threads on the circle of price rises between PP, NEP and SC. This originally started pre Bt100 a drink and we awaited the crossing of that barrier. Comments abounded that people would never pay more than Bt100 but they were proved to be false. So will this be.

Bt150 is a piss take but so are daft barfines and OTT prices being asked for service from the girls.

I spent quite a lot of time in Bangkok last year on a number of visits and prices were higher than I expected somewhat. I thought SC was a washout and poor value with the mainstay being no interest in garnering any return business but rather fleecing everything in one visit. I went a few times but only for a change.

NEP was also weak, both bars and go-gos, but then I do tend to compare to Pattaya. I had some good times in places with live music and was happy in the main to pay their prices as there was entertainment. Some good times were had in the bars around NEP and on Soi 4 but I felt something was missing.

What was missing was an alternative. There just wasn't enough to provide sufficient variety. It would be like going to Pattaya and just staying and going around perhaps 4 Sois. I find the same in Phuket though I find less and less reason to go there each time.

I really enjoyed my time in Bangkok but I knew that I was not pressured by time as living in Thailand. Had I been a tourist, then I could make a viable argument for avoiding it altogether as there just isn't enough to make you forget that you are being rather gouged at every turn.

Ah for the days when the whores earned their money, and it seemed like less of a business, even though it was...frankly, I find it hard to believe that these guys today fall for bar girls crap the way they do...as their act/crap was so much better and sincere in years gone past...now it just seems hard core and mercinary, no illusion of anything else...maybe time to try the PI again...

OH, a mate of mine who's a long time visitor to Thailand has now changed to the PI. He has'nt bothered with Thailand since october 2008. He's currently in Angeles and says when you convert it back to sterling a night out there inc. girl etc cost him around a third the price it would down Cowboy or at least half the price down Walking St. And the attitude of the girls is generally similar to what it was in Thailand 10 years ago.

Simie.

Archived