What's all this about "The Arab"?

Wallenda

Torrenova, you are right Bangkok is far from cheap nowadays. And you are right, it is different living there to being on holiday. I could still live there a lot cheaper than in the UK if I did'nt spend too much time in the farang orientated entertainment areas. But that sort of holiday it has become expensive, especially with the current exchange rate for sterling. When we first moved back to the UK and went back to Bangkok on holiday the wife used to wait untill she got to Thailand to buy most of her holiday wardrobe, now she buys it before she goes as its actually cheaper here!

Simie.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OH, a mate of mine who's a long time visitor to Thailand has now changed to the PI. He has'nt bothered with Thailand since october 2008. He's currently in Angeles and says when you convert it back to sterling a night out there inc. girl etc cost him around a third the price it would down Cowboy or at least half the price down Walking St. And the attitude of the girls is generally similar to what it was in Thailand 10 years ago.

Simie.

Yeah but, the numbers at Angeles way way smaller than in Thailand. Much smaller scene.

OH' date=' a mate of mine who's a long time visitor to Thailand has now changed to the PI. He has'nt bothered with Thailand since october 2008. He's currently in Angeles and says when you convert it back to sterling a night out there inc. girl etc cost him around a third the price it would down Cowboy or at least half the price down Walking St. And the attitude of the girls is generally similar to what it was in Thailand 10 years ago.

Simie. [/quote']

Yeah but, the numbers at Angeles way way smaller than in Thailand. Much smaller scene.

Yes AC a smaller scene. But its expanding and is just one place, as Cav says many other places probably starting to pick up trade from Thailand. Just look at TAT's new campaign "Amazing Thailand, Amazing Value". With the currently vastly over valued baht just an amazingly bad joke I'm afraid!

Simie.

Last time I went to PI was mid 90's broke my heart to see what it had become...post Marcos...run down, etc...Probably worth a look now, as I hear good things about it.

Besides the bars I recall in the smaller provinces a large private scene as well as "pimps" at Unis lining up entertainment, so pussy was always available. Also seemed like the "non whores" (GFGs?)were more approachable and easier to talk to (language barrier aside) and had better attitudes...Think I'll swing through there this May.

OH, I think many people will use PI as a substitute for Thailand to a certain extent but its not a fully fledged replacement. For example the mate I mentioned in a previous post used to go to Thailand 3 times a year on average. He now just goes to Angeles once a year as he feels Thailand is just not good value for money anymore especially with the current exchange rate. But Angeles is rather limited in its scope and only worth bothering with once a year.

Simie.

To get back on thread which bars does this "Arab"

"Iranian" own ,I personally can think of a few bars in SC that I did not like, and I wonder if they are his?

IMO As far as the future of Soicowboy........3yr they will be digging a basement for a high rise office or hotel....that corner is for to good of a location for a small red light district.Three of the other corners have show peice buildings They do not want that little dirty soi there.

I agree it will be gone in the sometime near future. Has nothing to do with “them†wanting to get rid of the dirty little soi. Has to do with value of commercial land and the getting the best return for it.

I don’t know, though others have speculated here, that unlike NEP, there is not a single land title. That could make it difficult, but not impossible, to ever be developed as single complex.

TH

I don’t know, though others have speculated here, that unlike NEP, there is not a single land title. That could make it difficult, but not impossible, to ever be developed as single complex.

TH

I guess it depends on who will be the developer. If he is extremely well connected he will be able to pay/force the owners of the land out: frequent raids, piss tests, early closings, check of legality of ownership (against farang owners), e.g.

Archived