What's all this about "The Arab"?

Wallenda

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Where's Bully's? I want to boycott it. I once saw that asshole yelling and screaming at an older Thai woman in a very demeaning manner. He had watched her unload several cases of beer, then told her he didn't want it. He was also involved in the "Cathouse caper" as I recall.

Between Suk 2 and 4, next to his failed No Hands Resturant which became his failed hi end club (forget the name). And yes, this sad excuse for a human being was involved with the Cat House Scam when Doug, a nice guy who leased it, sold it to new people. Dickhead wouldn't let him transfer the lease to the new tenants. Cathouse is also the bar where several years ago some hero suceeded in pouring a good size bucket of shit from onto John as he stood outside his bar below, at that time, Big Dogs. Justice 1---John 0

Boss Hogg was loud and obnoxious, but bear in mind that the owner of Cathouse tried to sublet the place without getting permission from Cathouse's lessor, Boss Hogg. That is a pretty big and obvious no no.

I recall a long thread here years ago with all sorts of rumors, stories and claims (e.g., Cathouse's owner tried to simultaneously sell his bar to two buyers) and concluding that all of the participants in that little drama were either playing fast and loose or terribly naive. For example, why didn't the new owners perform at least a basic due diligence by making sure the person who was leasing them the space was authorized to do so?

Are there similar stories about the "Arab", or is this all about how much he charges for beer in his bars? If the latter, let the market met out the appropriate punishment. It's not like he is running a bank. :content:

If the scenario is factually correct, this is when lawyers do come in handy, to verify bona fides ... especially in property matters.

Mind you, if someone does not get proper legal advice or has basic commercial nous (as to verify the leasehold) it still does not make it right.

Not based on this matter, but speaking in general, your game to rip people off in your own country, but to do it in another country, people must have big balls or are seriously brain damaged.

...Are there similar stories about the "Arab", or is this all about how much he charges for beer in his bars? If the latter, let the market met out the appropriate punishment. It's not like he is running a bank. :content:

Mark down the date Gaddie, you finally said something with some true insight…

:beer:

TH

Not cool dude, Gadfly has given a lot of insight here, and a lot of good information/explanations on things economic in a way that guys like me could understand.

As for the market and the Arab...if the Arab is setting the current market rate.driving up the lease prices...and we all walk from ALL the bars, then what happens...

[quote name=Old Hippie

As for the market and the Arab...if the Arab is setting the current market rate.driving up the lease prices...and we all walk from ALL the bars' date=' then what happens...[/quote]

OH, precisely, its not like he's just got one bar we can avoid he now has so many establishments its affecting the character of the whole street. You add to that the No Name groups Suzi Wong and Shebas who charge a piss taking 150B for a beer and its just not getting anything but worse IMHO.

Simie.

Not cool dude, Gadfly has given a lot of insight here, and a lot of good information/explanations on things economic in a way that guys like me could understand.

As for the market and the Arab...if the Arab is setting the current market rate.driving up the lease prices...and we all walk from ALL the bars, then what happens...

:banghead:

TH

Archived