U.S. Demos Given ANOTHER Kick in the Ass

Hugh_Hoy

Brown is a Republican Obama. I don't know who they're going to go with, but they need someone like that.

Palin is way too divisive and I don't think she could win. But who knows? I certainly wouldn't vote for her, but most of the stuff I hear against her is so exaggerated I'm tempted to back her on principle. Ain't devil's advocate fun.

I think Hillary would've been awful but would've voted for her also. Don't need the Supreme Court more stacked to the right than it already is. And a lot of bad things that became entrenched during Bush/Cheney needed to end.

I personally have a conservative streak in me, but Bush's penchant for mindless war making and invasion of our private lives was....

Anyway, there's a lot of work to do. Obama did come in at a very shitty time and I don't know if he'll be able to overcome that. The handling of the economy and health care has not been done well. We'll see how things pan out. I like the guy.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Flash said <>

I know this was meant as a joke...but maybe Britney would be better.

For certain, some things are similar...based on past comments it semms safe to say that Brit is both a Republican and as completely empty headed as is Palin.

But unlike Sarah, Spears has actually been to other countries and probably has a better feel for cultures other than her own, and much more big city experience in the USA than Sarah does. Certainly they are both empty vessels who would be filled with ideology they don't truly understand by someone like a Cheney...but Spears would be far less likely to be as oppressive with the holier than thou religeous bullshit.

So, yes, with complete seriousness, if those two were the choice, I would vote for Britney Spears as Pres over Sarah Palin.

Thoughts?

"...Palin is way too divisive and I don't think she could win. But who knows? I certainly wouldn't vote for her, but most of the stuff I hear against her is so exaggerated I'm tempted to back her on principle. Ain't devil's advocate fun..."

I really don't think it is that exaggerated, she did a really good job of showing herself for what she truly is. I have no idea what possessed the repubs to pick her, there had to be a better woman out there. Just giving her that platform was a mistake.

Second, I don't think she is that divisive, If anything, she has the fringe reeled in, and if she were to run for president, and get the nomination she could pull it off, which is a frightful thought.

Your comments on voting for her on principle makes no sense at all. As for a conservative streak, I might be a conservative, if they weren't so allied and fucked up with the christian right wing. In short if they were actually any real conservatives out there. I think a lot of that bunch just goes for image more than substance.

Sure, here are my thoughts. If the dems persist with their infantile obsession with Palin and don't turn to substance they're likely to get their asses whooped.

And the irony is, Palin needn't even run to serve that purpose.

Yeah that. I get a chuckle out of those who pre-occupy themselves with Palin. It's like they're really afraid of her. She's a non-starter. As for turning to "substance", it's not in the DNA of the Demoncratic left...except for "substance abuse". The country is moderate--and maybe moderate right. Obama, et.al. have had no idea that what they're doing, with a few exceptions. Inexperience in the POTUS; radical, arrogant Congressional leadership; general feeling by the citizenry that our politicians are corrupt (in all manner of things). The make up of both parties will change dramatically after next November. And we will have a different President elected in Nov. 2012. :up:

HH

"...Palin is way too divisive and I don't think she could win. But who knows? I certainly wouldn't vote for her, but most of the stuff I hear against her is so exaggerated I'm tempted to back her on principle. Ain't devil's advocate fun..."

I really don't think it is that exaggerated, she did a really good job of showing herself for what she truly is.

Eh. We'll have to disagree there. I think there are a gazillion Palin hate rants all over the left wing blogosphere and in the comments of news sites. Most of the people involved keep regurgitating the same old bullshit. Ad nauseum. Ad absurdum.

I just took a screenshot what used to be my favorite forum, dealing with poker. It used to be the fucking bomb. Daniel Negrenau, Annie Duke, Howard Lederer were contributors... and it was a solid dialog. There were occasional side topics that were thoughtful and energetic.

Now, it's comprised of mostly zealot idiots on both sides, and it fucking burns me. It sucks. Here's what today's hot topics were:

4357272920_a40533e9a3_o.jpg

So call it a pet peeve. Palin mania on the left has become incredibly stupid.

Second, I don't think she is that divisive

Shiiiiiiiiiiiit, you don't get out much these days, do ya?

Your comments on voting for her on principle makes no sense at all.

Dude, you're one of my favorite posters here. Don't be patronizing. Of course I'm not going to vote for her. But would I take some sort of karmic satisfaction in seeing a little psychic pain inflicted on those who've found a way to insert meaningless Palin rants everywhere they can... oh yes I would.

:)

Now sir, have a nice day. I'm going to eat some motherfucking pho with my Viet/Chinese friends. The ones poised for world domination.

Ha.

Archived