U.S. Demos Given ANOTHER Kick in the Ass

Hugh_Hoy

"...Palin is way too divisive and I don't think she could win. But who knows? I certainly wouldn't vote for her' date=' but most of the stuff I hear against her is so exaggerated I'm tempted to back her on principle. Ain't devil's advocate fun..."

I really don't think it is that exaggerated, she did a really good job of showing herself for what she truly is.

[/quote']

Eh. We'll have to disagree there. I think there are a gazillion Palin hate rants all over the left wing blogosphere and in the comments of news sites. Most of the people involved keep regurgitating the same old bullshit. Ad nauseum. Ad absurdum.

I just took a screenshot what used to be my favorite forum, dealing with poker. It used to be the fucking bomb. Daniel Negrenau, Annie Duke, Howard Lederer were contributors... and it was a solid dialog. There were occasional side topics that were thoughtful and energetic.

Now, it's comprised of mostly zealot idiots on both sides, and it fucking burns me. It sucks. Here's what today's hot topics were:

4357272920_a40533e9a3_o.jpg

So call it a pet peeve. Palin mania on the left has become incredibly stupid.

[color:red]Any more so than the Clinton or Obama bashing from the right?[/color]

Second, I don't think she is that divisive

Shiiiiiiiiiiiit, you don't get out much these days, do ya?

[color:red]No not really. But I listen to all sorts of talk shows and what not, and I see her actually pulling people in, even sympathizers who say they ",ight not vote for her but she is not being treated fairly..." WTF? this is politics man, it gets nasty, hell even Obama and company get it from the right...it just goes around. I see her has actually pulling people together in a sense, and thus sort of being someone who has to be considered at times by the republican party. Like it or not.[/color]

Your comments on voting for her on principle makes no sense at all.

Dude, you're one of my favorite posters here. Don't be patronizing. Of course I'm not going to vote for her. But would I take some sort of karmic satisfaction in seeing a little psychic pain inflicted on those who've found a way to insert meaningless Palin rants everywhere they can... oh yes I would.:)

[color:red]I appreciate the praise, and I am not intending to be patronizing. But we need to face facts, Palin is not being treated any differently than any other candidate, she is in the frying pan and it is getting hot. She is being treated the same by the left, as the right treats the left. As for taking any karmic satisfaction in something that is against your best interests, again, I gon't understand...[/color]

Now sir, have a nice day. I'm going to eat some motherfucking pho with my Viet/Chinese friends. The ones poised for world domination.

[color:red]I just had some Chinese food at a friend's business, Chinese New year and all, was good, having a Sam Adams beer now...I'll get sober later...these "sleeper cells" for world domination are good for food and pussy...hope they remember I tip well...have a good one[/color]

Ha.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And yet ANOTHER--yes! ANOTHER Demoncrat is leaving the party and politics. Evan Bayh s calling it quits after two terms in the Senate. Reportedly, he is dismayed at the way Congress is doing business. (To Evan, I say, "No duh. Join the millions of others in the country."

Look for a real conservative to take his place; somebody who is a real fiscal conservative, not like Obama who professes same when convenient.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20100215/pl_afp/uspoliticsbayh

November is gonna be the time when moderates will begin to take back government, telling Pelosi, et. al. to go fuck themselves. :_party:

HH

Now sir' date=' have a nice day. I'm going to eat some motherfucking pho with my Viet/Chinese friends. The ones poised for world domination.

[color:red']I just had some Chinese food at a friend's business, Chinese New year and all, was good, having a Sam Adams beer now...I'll get sober later...these "sleeper cells" for world domination are good for food and pussy...hope they remember I tip well...have a good one[/color]

Ha.

BTW - Went to Pho 79 (my favorite), Pho Hien, and Golden Deli --> all closed for Chinese New Year.

In & Out Burger had to suffice.

Britney vs Sarah ... maybe I'd write in Dolly Parton. :(

Here's a hypothetical one for you: Condi Rice vs. Ann Richards (if she was still with us).

Who would it be?

Pre Iraq Condi hands down, post Iraq, Ann Richards.

I think the only person who can run and do reasonably well who was mired in the Iraq war from the administration is Colin Powell. The general consensus is he was duped by the administration. BS probably given how connected he was but that's what a lot of people thought.

I liked Elizabeth Dole (Bob Dole's wife and former NC senator). I thought she was likeable for a Republican. Seemed moderate as well. Was caught up in the Obama election wave and lost her seat I think if memory serves me right.

If she could run for President Maddie Albright would have been successful. She was not born in the U.S. though.

I hear the women who was the former HP CEO Carly Fiorina will run for office. I think she's a Republican. I recall her being one of McCain's advisors (shoddy memory though, and too lazy to look it up).

Now sir' date=' have a nice day. I'm going to eat some motherfucking pho with my Viet/Chinese friends. The ones poised for world domination.

[color:red']I just had some Chinese food at a friend's business, Chinese New year and all, was good, having a Sam Adams beer now...I'll get sober later...these "sleeper cells" for world domination are good for food and pussy...hope they remember I tip well...have a good one[/color]

Ha.

BTW - Went to Pho 79 (my favorite), Pho Hien, and Golden Deli --> all closed for Chinese New Year.

In & Out Burger had to suffice.

I generally boycott "Jesus burger" though it is good. I just get pissed off at the scripture crap on the cups and napkins...please tell me they stopped that shit...

Britney vs Sarah ... maybe I'd write in Dolly Parton. :(

Here's a hypothetical one for you: Condi Rice vs. Ann Richards (if she was still with us).

Who would it be?

Oh I'd fuck Condi first...

Carly is running as a Republican in CA; if she wins the primary, she'll go up against Boxer. I can't imagine her being as stupid/arrogant as Boxer and her style is completely different.

HH

I would most likely vote for a chimp, trained or wild over Boxer. Fienstein is another one...more so because I feel they are both arrogant and don't support working people as they claim...Also I am just tired of the same old same old.

Obama may have served his purpose as the "break" the country needed, and will most likely be a 1 termer unless he can really get something done, which he probably won't.

As for the dems leaving...I see some other repub is challenging McCain, calling him a "liberal." Maybe this is all a good sign, I mean both parties turning on each other, and challenging each other...or else it is as bad as any 3rd world country in a power grab, time will tell.

Re Boxer: watch Boxer's tactics this Oct. If the polls show the race close or if she is behind, she WILL make some bullshit claim regarding her opponent that is false. Something to discredit her adversary in a personal way; like being a kiddle fiddler. She tried to paint Bruce Hershensine (an LA TV guy) who was beating her in the polls as a pervert. And it worked. She came back from the dead in the last 3 weeks. She won't care if the claims/charges are true. Boxer is a cunt's cunt.

HH

Archived