U.S. Demos Given ANOTHER Kick in the Ass

Hugh_Hoy

As I see it, Obie has shot himself in both feet over health care. Yes, health care would be nice. But a lot of folks would rather have a JOB ... and now, not later. With a job, they could get their own health care.

Also, what happened to the promise to bring the troops home? It doesn't help any either that Nasty Pelosi makes Lucretia Borgia seem nice. She gives new meaning to the word BITCH. Nothing like having the Queen of Mean on the TV every day making voters cringe even more.

Ever read Camille Paglia? She writes for Salon. She stirs up a lot of reaction from both sides. I like her (warning: she's a Pelosi advocate). And I agree with what she had to say about the Health Care bill. It's an utter fucking fiasco. That and the handling of the economy have been a big disappointment.

HH needs to put down the bong if he thinks this is some evangelical-Republican uprising of the masses. People are fed up with both parties, it was independents that set the tone in Massachusetts, just like they put a stop to McCain. And they're becoming a force. Hallej-fucking-lujah!

Personally, I'd like to see twits like O'Reilly and Olbermann, and the partisan hateful crap they represent, both run out of town.

Link to Paglia piece:

:

As for the actual content of the House healthcare bill, horrors! Where to begin? That there are serious deficiencies and injustices in the U.S. healthcare system has been obvious for decades. To bring the poor and vulnerable into the fold has been a high ideal and an urgent goal for most Democrats. But this rigid, intrusive and grotesquely expensive bill is a nightmare. Holy Hygeia, why can't my fellow Democrats see that the creation of another huge, inefficient federal bureaucracy would slow and disrupt the delivery of basic healthcare and subject us all to a labyrinthine mass of incompetent, unaccountable petty dictators? Massively expanding the number of healthcare consumers without making due provision for the production of more healthcare providers means that we're hurtling toward a staggering logjam of de facto rationing. Steel yourself for the deafening screams from the careerist professional class of limousine liberals when they get stranded for hours in the jammed, jostling anterooms of doctors' offices. They'll probably try to hire Caribbean nannies as ringers to do the waiting for them.

A second issue souring me on this bill is its failure to include the most common-sense clause to increase competition and drive down prices: portability of health insurance across state lines. What covert business interests is the Democratic leadership protecting by stopping consumers from shopping for policies nationwide? Finally, no healthcare bill is worth the paper it's printed on when the authors ostentatiously exempt themselves from its rules. The solipsistic members of Congress want us peons to be ground up in the communal machine, while they themselves gambol on in the flowering meadow of their own lavish federal health plan. Hypocrites!

And why are we even considering so gargantuan a social experiment when the nation is struggling to emerge from a severe recession? It's as if liberals are starry-eyed dreamers lacking the elementary ability to project or predict the chaotic and destabilizing practical consequences of their utopian fantasies. Republicans, on the other hand, have basically sat on their asses about healthcare reform for the past 20 years and have shown little interest in crafting legislative solutions to social inequities. The usual GOP floater about private medical savings accounts is a crock -- something that, given the astronomical costs of major medical crises, would be utterly unworkable for families of even average household income.

International models of socialized medicine have been developed for nations and populations that are usually vastly smaller than our own. There are positives and negatives in their system as in ours. So what's the point of this trade? The plight of the uninsured (whose number is far less than claimed) should be directly addressed without co-opting and destroying the entire U.S. medical infrastructure. Limited, targeted reforms can ban gouging and unfair practices and can streamline communications now wastefully encumbered by red tape. But insurance companies and the pharmaceutical industry are not the sole cause of mounting healthcare costs, and constantly demonizing them is a demagogic evasion.

How dare anyone claim humane aims for this bill anyhow when its funding is based on a slashing of Medicare by over $400 billion? The brutal abandonment of the elderly here is unconscionable. One would have expected a Democratic proposal to include an expansion of Medicare, certainly not its gutting. The passive acquiescence of liberal commentators to this vandalism simply demonstrates how partisan ideology ultimately desensitizes the mind.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HH needs to put down the bong if he thinks this is some evangelical-Republican uprising of the masses.

I don't think I ever implied such that a reasonable and congisant person could infer same.

Clearly, the people of Massachussets who elected Brown were independents and Demoncrats. The Demoncrat party is suffering from the same cause as the Republicans did...listening to and allowing the party extremists to lead.

I've said it before: it is a ripe time for a third party to emerge and be viable.

HH

P.S. I want to take this opportunity to thank the all-time political cunt (make that CUNT), Nancy Pelosi, for at least 20% of the votes Brown received. :content: _

HH needs to put down the bong if he thinks this is some evangelical-Republican uprising of the masses.

I don't think I ever implied such that a reasonable and congisant person could infer same.

Clearly' date=' the people of Massachussets who elected Brown were independents and Demoncrats. The Demoncrat party is suffering from the same cause as the Republicans did...listening to and allowing the party extremists to lead.

I've said it before: it is a ripe time for a third party to emerge and be viable.

HH

P.S. I want to take this opportunity to thank the all-time political cunt (make that CUNT), Nancy Pelosi, for at least 20% of the votes Brown received. :content: _

[/quote']

I don't know, I am fairly liberal, but I would have voted for a lump of day old dog shit if it ran against a Kennedy or one of their appointees. The best thing ever did was die, and not soon enough.

I read Camille Paglia once in a while. Agree with her or not, she's always interesting - plus she writes well, something that is rare these days.

I was raised to be a Yellow Dog Democrat. I got over that when I eventually realised that neither the Dems nor the Reps give a shit about the ordinary proles. They are just in it for the money and power, sort of an ego trip. They'll say anything to get elected.

Nowadays, my hero is Barry Goldwater - one of the last honest men to be in politics.

A viable and somewhat sensible health care bill will NEVER work unless the Republicans want it as well. I'm not even counting the special interest that supplies the campaign funds for both parties. As a side note I would like to know if anyone knows if the Canadian and British members of their respective parliaments are subject to the same national healthcare system their constituents must use or do they also have their own unique and superior health care like our congress?

What has amazed me about the whole health care bill debate is how it was possible to convince the public that the concept of national healthcare is worse than what many have now. As I've said before, millions of people, millions of them card carrying republicans KNOW they are woefully under covered and must be scared sh*tless for themselves and their families. They KNOW their present coverage is either clearly not good enough and in a some cases virtually non existent. I was vehementally opposed to national healthcare at one point. Eventually I chose jobs based primarily on how good the health coverage was. I got convinced by my own personal experience that adequate coverage could be a life or death situation and changed my opinion on having a national alternative based on my own 'selfish' needs and requirements. I am not a father but I'd be scared sh*tess if I had a wife and kids in America.

As far as a viable 3rd party it won't work on a national level. It is presently only viable on a state level. To have a viable 3rd party requires a very well funded and organized national network. Its a massive country in size and population. Its not possible now. Statewide is as good as you'll get for a viable one right now. Throw in the fact that the only thing both parties can agree on is that they don't want a 3rd party and have made rules that guarantee that. Funding, national debates, etc. are designed against 3rd parties. The conspiracy theorist in me also thinks that the media will act as their agents and dig up things that are not pertinent in order to destroy the reputation of the person at the head of the ticket.

Ron Paul is possibly the ONLY completely honest man in congress. I'm at a loss as to anyone else that is.

I see most of us are still living under the assumption you're free and living in the same republic that we were founded under. With domestic spying, corporate owned legistlative and executive branches of the government, I'm still a bit amazed we still consider ourselves free citizens.

The vox populi means NOTHING anymore. The bailout was evidence of that. The politicians did the complete opposite of what the nation was demanding. The politicians were beholden to the very ones that brought the system down.

The party is over. We had a nice run. We are on the decline...rapidly. We won't 'grow' ourselves out of this mess even if/when we have the next economic boom. First of all the money will NEVER be spent to reduce the debt and I'd be shocked if we made enough from tax revenues to even address it sufficiently. China owns us right now. Fact. If they don't buy our debt, we collapse. Okay, they may or may not be cutting their own throats. They are looking to replace us with something else like euros. If that happens, it will be official.

We are still able to project military force globally but so what? Being able to do that doesn't equate to being a viable nation. It just means we can still protect ourselves and take care of business at other locales. We don't have the capability to project that for any length of time due to the cost of doing so and national will of the people to do so.

I'm still waiting for facts and not 'I think we can do it' statements on why we are not a waning state but a state that is irreversibly declining at a present point of no return.

I take no joy in it. No offense to the British. What I'm about to say is meant in no way as an insult to them but we'll end up similar to the British. A state who was the premier world power for some time but will be reduced to an important but clearly no longer supreme global power.

One scenario that might pull the USA out of this mess is the 'terrorist spin'.

I believe we have the runways, etc. now in Iraq so as to launch a full scale attack on Iran. Iran is not the real target but if we should change public opinion so as to invade Iran then the USA will be able to eliminate the only power in that region that might put up resistance to the main target - Saudia Arabia.

With Saudia Arabia under the USA belt, the USA would have the bulk of the world's oil - world domination.

Archived