U.S. Demos Given ANOTHER Kick in the Ass

Hugh_Hoy

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We're an optimistic nation so we think we can get out of anything. Its what makes us special. However, I think that glass half full mentality is masking reality. I see absolutely no proof we can 'come back'. The optimist in me always has hope. The pragmatist says its over.

As far as the original thread, the people are rebelling against anyone, no matter the party, who are considered insiders and part of the problem. New blood is being elected. Hence a lot of democrats elected in traditional republican districts along with Obama and now Dems out in their districts.

We've always been a nation of differing opinions. Its what makes us what we are. However, we've been united on core issues that were deemed of national importance: linking the country by rail; fighting facism in WW2; fighting communism; getting to the moon, etc.

I can't think of one core issue we are all united on. Even the war on terror which would seem a no brainer.

Policitians have always wanted power. However, there were times when they all felt they needed to take one for the team for the good of the country. Diametrically opposed political philosophies in politicans would give way to personal friendships at times to cut a deal, etc. Kennedy and Orrin Hatch couldn't be more opposite but were both very good personal friends from years of serving together in the senate. We don't have much of that anymore.

Yo Stevo...not to worry. The One, the great leader of bipartisnship, will tell the U.S. how much he has accomplished in the last year and how he will spend billions we don't have in the years to come. Tune in Wed. P.M. (U.S. time) for the latest Obama sit-com. (Hopefully, the last of four episodes.) :content:

HH

Yo Stevo...not to worry. The One, the great leader of bipartisnship, will tell the U.S. how much he has accomplished in the last year and how he will spend billions we don't have in the years to come. Tune in Wed. P.M. (U.S. time) for the latest Obama sit-com. (Hopefully, the last of four episodes.) :content:

HH

So much damage was done under the GWB administration that it s hard to beieve anybody can fix the mess we are in now.

The one thing that can 'save us' is if we can ever get united as a people. But that appears not to be in the cards.

HH

HH,

You know I love you, in a very non gay way of course, but you need to get off this Dems Vs. Repukes bit...they are both fucking us, and they are both equally as bad. We need to rise up, as a nation and make them stop by voting them out, and making nothing more of it other than "we are sick of the same old shit, do something good for the country or lose your job assholes!..."

Archived