Am I right to be concerned, or am I a racist nazi?

spirit_of_town_hall

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I asked this in my post earlier of the UK situation:

As for as the UK, I know nada but have a few questions. Afro caribbeans have been in England for some time. Since the 1950s I believe. After a few generations the vast majority seemed very 'British' to me when I visited England. Are they considered 'British' by the white majority? I'd like to know. There are also a lot of Indians I saw that seemed just as 'British' as any white. They were as 'cockney' as anything. What is the view of those folks? Are they seen as one of 'us' by the majority?

The Pakistani youth seem particularly anti Brit in some numbers. Particularly in parts of the north and specifically in the midlands, Birmingham for example where they are in large numbers. I have read its primarily a lack of jobs and disaffection due to that.

The Afro-Carribeans, West Indians, from my experience they are British and are considered British.

There is no animosity towards West Indians. I am in my 30's and there is non. Older people may make jokes, but that will be in the pub with older west indians etc..

From my experience the govt creates some animosity as within the public sector they actively promote " minorities etc"

I am in involved with the the london cab trade, that is predominately white english, as it has normally passed through generations.

Not in my case, I chose it so I could spend more time in LOS.

The only west indian examiner resigned in disgust, as they were going to " fast track" minority candidates.

It takes about 4 years to learn all of Londons streets and there are no short cuts.

The last mayor said he wanted the cab trade to reflect the cities wonderful diversity blah blah..

This scheme naturally made old hands of whatever background angry, the mayor changed and the scheme was scraped thank god.

Its the same with the police and fire brigade, indeed any public sector job.

Most of the west indians I know are church going, they are as concerned as I am about the growing muslim presence in Uk..

As for Indians, in my experience they are not viewed as British, that is my experience. There is no animosity but they tend not to mix beyond a business relationship.

This happened before xmas, it was a gang of local youths black and white. Indeed most of the British gangs in London now are mixed.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2009/nov/09/racist-attacks-students-city-university

STH

I'm not against immigration as such (I could hardly be seeing my wife is an immigrant!) However she came here legally at considerable expense, works, pays tax an NI and abides by UK laws. She has not claimed any sort of state benefits. She also does not try and tell British people how they should live or change to suit her. Likewise when I lived in Bangkok with her I paid my way and put money into the Thai economy respected Thai beliefs and as others have pointed out had no permanent right of residency, could not vote or own land.

What I am against is a minority of immigrants trying to tell the majority of Britains how they should live whilst in many cases claiming large sums in benefits. And using our democracy to try and destroy our way of life and that very same democracy. Of course we are not allowed to voice these concerns in our own country as the PC mob e.g. Hornman etc claim it is racist?

Simie.

simie,

in my opinion there's no porblem voicing such concerns, there is however a thin line in doing it an extreme right/racist way.

In the Netherlands there are left wing parties (SP) that have the same concerns and they are legit concerns.

I ride the tube (green line) very often as I sold my car 27 years ago and I do see many non European immigrants but they are not in majority. Now the blue line is something completely different.

Once I couldn't figure out anything to do in Stockholm so just took a train to Norsborg(?) and I remember I didn't see many native Swedes there.

I'm glad in Finland we have had stricter policy about immigrants than other Scandinavian countries and think about Denmark and their problems for example I'm very glad we haven't let them all in. Still we have some suburbs that are 60% somalian and trust me my friend is teaching in one of those primary schools and what he tells me I definitely wouldn't send my kid there.

Call me a racist but if I ruled the country I would send every ruskie and somalian who doesn't work honest job back to where they belong.

Norsborg is one of the outer suburbs where Swedes are a minority.

Some others are Tensta, Rinkeby, Tensta and Fittja. They are all on the blue or red lines however. There is a reason why the blue line is sometimes call the orient express or the garlic express.

regards

ALHOLK

Depends how long they have been in the United States first generation second generation Latinos retain a lot of there culture,By the third generation many have lost there language and about a third of them marry with Anglos.

Also a huge number of Latinos especialy in States like New Mexuco have been in the USA for hundreds of years,Santa Fe was settled by the Spanish before the pilgrims arrived.By the way Obama recieved 62% of the Latino vote excluding blacks higher then any other group much higher then the Anglo population.Thats why the payback with Sotomayor.

Has for the recent immigrants from Mexico and other Latin nations,blame your government for that.Liberal Democrats don't want to touch it out of fear of being rascist and losing valuable Latino support.Republicans pay lip service to the issue because many business's benifit from illegal labour such has agriculture,construction,restaurants,anybody who has owned a Restaurant or farm can tell you there business would go under if it wasn't for the illegal labour.What i find funny is that in San Francisco my favorite Indian,Thai and Vietnamese restaurants have Mexicans working in there kitchens preparing food.Hell they can't even get there own people to work there!

Archived