Am I right to be concerned, or am I a racist nazi?

spirit_of_town_hall

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not against immigration as such (I could hardly be seeing my wife is an immigrant!) However she came here legally at considerable expense, works, pays tax an NI and abides by UK laws. She has not claimed any sort of state benefits. She also does not try and tell British people how they should live or change to suit her. Likewise when I lived in Bangkok with her I paid my way and put money into the Thai economy respected Thai beliefs and as others have pointed out had no permanent right of residency, could not vote or own land.

What I am against is a minority of immigrants trying to tell the majority of Britains how they should live whilst in many cases claiming large sums in benefits. And using our democracy to try and destroy our way of life and that very same democracy. Of course we are not allowed to voice these concerns in our own country as the PC mob e.g. Hornman etc claim it is racist?

Simie.

I think that about sums up what most people think simie. Sunny Melbourne is known as a melting pot and id say the vast majority of immigrants contribute a lot to society. Yep, some of them stick to their own little groups (like farangs tend to in Suk, Pattaya etc) - its when the groups turn into gangs involving drugs, violence or other undesirable habits they become a problem.

On the positive side, drove past my uncles house the other day, new mosque about to open and to be honest its one of the nicest pieces of architecture i've seen in oz.

Mekong, informative video clip!

Made me look into this person a bit:

John Enoch Powell, MBE (16 June 1912 – 8 February 1998) was a British politician, linguist, writer, academic, soldier and poet.

He was a Conservative Party Member of Parliament (MP) between 1950 and February 1974, and an Ulster Unionist MP between October 1974 and 1987. He was controversial through most of his career, and his tenure in senior office was brief. He had strong and distinctive views on matters such as immigration, national identity, monetary policy, and the United Kingdom's entry into the European Economic Community, which later became the European Union. He was dismissed from the Shadow Cabinet for his controversial and widely remembered 1968 "Rivers of Blood" speech in opposition to mass Commonwealth immigration to Britain.

Archived