Now Obama Wants To Fuck Up Immigration in the U.S.

Hugh_Hoy

I know I sound over the top but the government for decades has completely abondoned their duty to the country by having a porous border...on both sides but the northern border isn't an issue, the southern one is.

The border has been elevated (in my opinion) to a national security issue after 911.

If millions of illegals can cross why can't a terrorist? We'd have no idea who he is as well. Its just a matter of time till they get soemone in Mexico and make the trek across the border.

How hard would it be to pay off a coyote to bring someone across? Someone carrying anything that can harm us? Its crazy.

The sad thing is something would have to happen before its addressed and even if something tragic did I think a lot of latino groups as well as the Mexican government would still have a problem with it which sounds amazing but I would not doubt it one bit.

We're f**ked in this country in so many ways from Sunday its not even funny.

The country is lost. Has been for a long time and we're in a collective denial mindset.

Frankly I think its too late. I've been saying and I believe it more than ever. We're like Rome in their last couple centuries. The people have no will to do what they need to do and were living on prior glory and believing it. The similarities are eery.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with you.

I have said for years the patch on the Border Patrol's uniform means they are suppose to patrol the border - not the country. Most people, should never see them but in all reality, they are every place except along the border.

Smells more like a Federal Police under the control of Homeland Security in my opinion.

Sophisticated ground explosives' date=' i.e. radio controlled mines backed up with helicopter gunship patrols would work wonders. [/quote']

You shouldn't play your cards into the hand of those who want to control us.

GWB built walls. Did that stop the illegal immigrants? No, itjust made you pay more in taxes.

Get tougher on illegals and it probably will mean more of our civil rights will be taken away, which is what some of the hungry power grubbers want.

Look at the big scheme of things: more Border Patrol agents were hired under GWB but virtually none of them patrol the border. HomeLand Security has gained more power and might become our National Police. If that happens, our civil rights we have today when dealing with the Police will be something of the past.

So we should do nothing? The last estimate I read was maybe as many as 20 million total illegals are in the USA. You want to tell me we should do nothing about this? They aren't just taking the shit jobs "no American wants." they are into the trades and other jobs that Americans do want. The southern border needs to be tightened up for many reasons as CS pointed out.

Here in Norcal, I never see the border patrol or INS, so I have no idea what you are talking about. However I see no issue with having local law enforcement round up all the illegals standing around in front of Home depot and start checking for papers...far better than having the shit bag donut eaters write bullshit tickets at $150K++ a year.

Cool down Old Hippie.

Do we want the government (Homeland Security) showing up and asking us for our papers? No! We don't want Nazi Germany.

If the government took this issue seriously, the Border Patrol would be along the borders not thru out the States.

So why do you suspect they don't take their work seriously? They want more power and 'troops' - not to be able to do the job but to control us. The day may come when we will be stopped and asked for our papers.

Here's the deal, the cops can stop and ask for OUR "Papers" anytime, and they do it. So why don't they hassle the obvious illegals at home depot? Now, what is your suggestion to handle this problem? Nothing? We have a problem with illegals, and we need to fix it.

Here's the deal, the cops can stop and ask for OUR "Papers" anytime, and they do it. So why don't they hassle the obvious illegals at home depot? Now, what is your suggestion to handle this problem? Nothing? We have a problem with illegals, and we need to fix it.

If the border patrol did their job at patrolling the border instead of the States, we would not be in the mess we are in now.

The Christmas bomber made it thru with a bomb in his nickers because the system was not working. The same thing is happening with the border patrol, the system is not enforced to work. They want something bad to happen so they will get more employees and power at our expense.

I know nothing about the whole process. A Guatemalan guy came over to do a bit of work yesterday...the ex has employed him for years, in that sort of role. It was my job to give the guy a ride home (and he took me to a really el secreto carniceria along the way... can't wait to put the carne asada on the grill! :up: ).

To my point, we stopped at a bar for a few and he told me about his DUI a couple of years ago. As an illegal, it landed him in detention centers (or maybe prisons?) from Texas to Georgia. His aunt spent 14K, so far, on immigration attorneys to get him out and keep him in the country. Now, he meets with the authorities every 60 days; after each meeting there is the possibility of deportation, which appears to be imminent, IMO.

What escapes my logic is the time and money being spent on both sides of his issue, which should be a legal slam dunk for the govt, IMO. :dunno:

I know nothing about the whole process. A Guatemalan guy came over to do a bit of work yesterday...the ex has employed him for years, in that sort of role. It was my job to give the guy a ride home (and he took me to a really el secreto carniceria along the way... can't wait to put the carne asada on the grill! :up: ).

To my point, we stopped at a bar for a few and he told me about his DUI a couple of years ago. As an illegal, it landed him in detention centers (or maybe prisons?) from Texas to Georgia. His aunt spent 14K, so far, on immigration attorneys to get him out and keep him in the country. Now, he meets with the authorities every 60 days; after each meeting there is the possibility of deportation, which appears to be imminent, IMO.

What escapes my logic is the time and money being spent on both sides of his issue, which should be a legal slam dunk for the govt, IMO. :dunno:

If he is a 'true' illegal and the police or Border Patrol stopped you with him in the vehicle, the government could seize your vehicle and arrest you.

some of these laws are only fo making money for the government - they do nothing for us.

Damn near happened. Got in a fender bender in the barrio just before dropping him off. Not my fault and no real damage to my car. The Mexicans I hit were decent enough to pull over after the accident, but my guess is they were illegal/uninsured and didn't want any issues. As stated, I had three drinks in me and didn't care to meet with the cops either.

Archived