Now Obama Wants To Fuck Up Immigration in the U.S.

Hugh_Hoy

For HH:

The last I knew, it cost our Government %5000.00 for every illegal they caught and sent back. Please tell me how much money you waant to spend in sending illegals back?

High numbers are 20 million illegals. Multiply that number by %5000.00 per illegal alien and what will it cost us to get the job done?

$100 billion and when the program has spent their budget the country finds out all the illegals have return so we have to spend another $100 billion dollars.

Sounds practical doesn't it?

...... About as practical as our war on drugs.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For HH:

The last I knew, it cost our Government %5000.00 for every illegal they caught and sent back. Please tell me how much money you waant to spend in sending illegals back?

High numbers are 20 million illegals. Multiply that number by %5000.00 per illegal alien and what will it cost us to get the job done?

$100 billion and when the program has spent their budget the country finds out all the illegals have return so we have to spend another $100 billion dollars.

Sounds practical doesn't it?

...... About as practical as our war on drugs.

The cost would be cheaper in bulk. Additionally, what do these people cost us in terms of crime, ID fraud, lost tax revenue, drain on schools hospitals/clinics and various other social services?

Before we start sending them back, we do need to toughen up the borders, and do something to stop those who arrive by air and ship. Thus making it difficult for them to return.

BKT...you have to make the cost to the wetback higher than the cost to us. Now, they just get a free ride back to the border. Six months of forced labor in the Imperial Valley lettuce fields might be a start...followed by the bus ride back.

HH

I don't know if they've tried it (too lazy to look it up) but if I were the border states of the southwest, I would file a class action law suit against the U.S. government with regards to the illegal immigration problem.

Its the states that bear the overwhelming financial and social costs with regards to hospitals, school systems, state prisons, etc.

The government (and the President specifically) swore to protect the U.S. Their negligence has cost untold billions to California, Arizona, New Mexico and Texas specifically (as I assume they harbor the vast majority of the illegals from across the border) but also to other non border states.

It would seem those states specifically have a very good case against the government for negligence and the total cost should easily be in the tens if not hundreds of billions of dollars.

I assume the Supreme court would be the court to hear the case since it involves states v. governments unless a District court has to hear it first.

I don't have faith the Supreme Court would 'do the right thing' though.

Over these past few years I've come to the conclusion that party affiliation is illusion.

Both parties are the trough and the only reason they fight it out in elections is because the winner gets first spoils.

The senior congressmen are the ones who keep the engine running. The new, idealistic freshman senator or representative is powerless (although Gingrich did a fairly good job of harnessing them) to fight it and eventually they realize the behemoth that it can not be killed or even maimed and they either get on board or fight windmills and be left on the outside looking in. They will also have others, even members of their own party turn their backs on them for anything they want to get done for their state or district.

We can argue parties on here but really, is there any meaningful difference? We look back on the last half dozen Presidents of both parties and can someone tell me that they are all markedly different? They all seemed to pretty much morph into the other (Dubya may be the exception though...hehe).

Neither party has done crapola to solve the problem. Well, I guess GWB was responsible for "the wall" and the hiring of several thousand more CBP officers. But there is rarely a serious attempt to put employers in jail for illegally hiring wets. Usually a small fine and a slap on the wrist. And NOTHING is ever done in the form of punishment to the wets.

As far as getting the Federal Government to pay for the astronomical costs of "housing" the wets, lots of luck. The best the State of California has been able to do is get some money out of the federal budget...but nothing of substance compared to the amount suffered by citizens of California in terms of tax monies expended (primarily on law enforcement, prisons, schools, and medical services). With approximately 2 million wetbacks (+ other illegals from other countries) and their kids living here, the expenses are not small.

HH

Sealing the borders is a pipe dream..... it can't be done.

The way the current Border Patrol patrols the States and not the border is a national disgrace. The last thing we need is Homeland Security to become a National Police.

It is NOT impossible. It would take nasty measures the rest of the country, and maybe the world would not like.

Sealing the borders is a pipe dream..... it can't be done.

The way the current Border Patrol patrols the States and not the border is a national disgrace. The last thing we need is Homeland Security to become a National Police.

It is NOT impossible. It would take nasty measures the rest of the country' date=' and maybe the world would not like.[/quote']

Let's be practical Old Hippie, to seal the border would mean putting a wall around Alaska, Hawaii, along the California border especially thru San Francisco...... This will not happen.

How do you build a wall along the Great Lakes?

What we should do is do as the Republic of Vermont did ... make foreigners citizens after one year. Instead of spending money, we make money. Don 't buy into the fear of the fear mongers. The illegals are not coming, they are already here.

Archived