Now Obama Wants To Fuck Up Immigration in the U.S.

Hugh_Hoy

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is always a difficult one with women in their 60's and above (and I'm not sure how their sexuality is relevant to their claim to fame)...but I love games so here goes...

Marry - Feinstein...cause she seems nice enough that I wouldn't mind spending time with her.

Date publicly - Hillary...cause she must have some incredible stories to tell and is among the most intelligent women in public life

Leaving fuck and kill...which is tough because I want to do neither to either of them

Having said that, I guess I'd do away with Boxer because she seems to be less effective at getting things done...howver you feel about Pelosi she has gotten hundreds of bills passed through the house that are sitting around waiting for the senators to deal with. So with our problem of a do nothing Congress it would be nice if we had more like Pelosi who actually got legislation passed...and is enough for me to sacrifice my high licking standards and keep her around.

I'm as angry as anyone about concessions in illegal immigration but its all a non starter. It doesn't matter what party is in power NOTHING of consequence will EVER be done. Its just not politically viable for either party.

A Republican can get nominated in his party with a hard line on immigration but he WILL lose out in the general election. He could even be labled racist or some such like tag because of it.

Also, we focus on illegal immigration accross the southern border but no one really discusses illegal immigrants that arrive by airplane. Mainly due to overstayed work and holiday visas.

This was from about 4 years ago, so the numbers are higher now.

http://www.workpermit.com/news/2005_10_24/us/immigrants_overstay_visas_us.htm

The study estimates that the visa overstay population in the United States is at least 3.6 million people, out of an estimated 9 million to 10 million illegal immigrants. Yet nationally, only 51 full-time agents in the special enforcement unit of the Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency were assigned in 2004 to work on these cases

McCain would not have done squat about illegal immigration. Both parties need New Mexico, a swing state. The border states like Arizona are also dicey. Republicans have Texas but they will NEVER get California as a red state if they take a hardline.

They could have Michigan and parts of the rust belt perhaps where illegal immigration has been blamed for the loss of factory jobs but its hard to say if it will be enough to swing Michigan, Ohio and Pennsylvania that way. Those states have other issues as well but jobs is the most important admittedly. Those are heavily union states and the Republican party has a bad reputation with unions and are seen as 'union busters' so a Republican has to coddle them and turn them back into 'Reagan democrats', northern union members who usually are Democrat but vote Republican in the national election if given a cause celebre.

Problem for Republican re. immigration is that big biz does not want reform. All of the illegals taking low paying jobs helps keep overall wages down (and not just for the guy that mows my lawn). Without all of the illegals, wages would skyrocket.

Even GWB tried to make a path for illegal aliens to become legal, or to become guest workers. Got shot down very quickly. Outside of Faux News and the Wacko fringe (both the left and the right), no one really wants to kick all of the illegals out.

BTW HH, Meg Whitman, Steve Poizner et al want to cut all of your benefits, since retirees in CA really don't contribute anything, and we just an't afford to keep paying for your healthcare. Does that mean you are voting for Gavin Newson? Just curious ...

Archived