Gay couple turned away from English guest house

SpiceMan

Refusing service can get very bizarre. I knew a white Alabama state trooper who was off duty one day with one of his black colleagues. They stopped at a McDonald's and the white guy went in to buy their lunch. The manager flat out refused to serve him. Why? Well, he was wearing a T-shirt with a Confederate battle flag on it! :shocked:

The white guy went back to the car empty handed and said he had been refused service because the manager didn't like his shirt. His black buddy got pissed off and said, "Dammit, swap shirts with me." Then he went in wearing the battle flag and demanded to be served. He was. ;)

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest lazyphil

easy to cherry pick rights of humans/animals.....for example, i dont find a women refusing to allow gays into her business wrong like you do. but i would if it were racially based. i go fishing and hurt fish and have no qualms doing it, i'm complicant with ultra violence and extreme cruelty to animals in the meat trade and still buy eggs, meat and fowl. i turn a blind eye to the cruelty that goes towards animals in labs in the biomedical field and buy medicines/cosmetics tested on them, but i find seal clubbing abhorent.......its all irrational. i'm selfish, self centred, opinionated and greedy.....i'm human :doah:

Guest lazyphil

add on. i've never ever hurt a gay or said anything offensive to one or signed a petetion against them. actions speak louder than words. i cant say the same for buying products made in the 3rd world using cheap labour with no union representation etc etc or buying soy products grown on land in south america that was torched to remove rain forest and really fuck up local tribes, some of which might be gay btw.....deep in my heart i know its wrong but do nothing.....some will say an invelivant arguement, maybe so. but it takes me back to cherry picking....

eldar is that you suadum????

products made in the 3rd world using cheap labour with no union representation etc etc

Strange remark from a Daily Mail Reading Thatcherite such as yourself Phil, expecially given how vocal you were about the union members of unite voting to take industrrial action against British Airways!

Archived