Yanks Health Care Passes. Done Deal.

unit731

You practically need an attorney to review an insurance contract nowadays to know exactly what they will cover for certain things. All too often families think they are covered for everything and find out they are not.

I am curious to know if any one who is opposed to the current bill thinks the present system, as hodge podge as it is, is working generally for the average American?

Medical bills are a huge cause of bankruptcies. What I am finding amazing is that the opposition from run of the mill Republicans, many of whom, either have had to declare bankruptcy because of medical bills, are currently in hoc trying to pay off bills or has a friend or family member who has had to declare bankruptcy or are paying off huge bills.

I know I've prepared the best I can. For a while now I chose jobs based greatly on the type of insurance they provided. I gave up more in salary in lieu of better insurance when I've accepted some positions. I'm in pretty good shape, knock on wood. I work out at the gym regularly, I eat very healthy. I have no major maladies that I know of. I get a thorough physical every year to make sure I catch things early. I even had the doctors check for any signs of colon cancer and such even though they've said I was too young to worry about it.

Even with all these precautions I'm scared sh*tless of any catostrophic medical condition and from what I've seen and heard I should be.

If I was to get very rich, one of the first things I'd do is buy the best medical insurance possible.

I don't think this bill will fix the problem. I think eventually it will become a money pit like all the other government programs of this size and scope but I am wondering if it will at least be better than either not doing anything and keeping the present system or better than what any Republicans are proposing (such as medical savings plans akin to IRAs)?

The fact that EVERY candidate has to have a health plan proposal as part of their campaign tells me enough. It tells me that enough Americans are concerned about it enough to make it a priority for the govenrment as much as the economy, defense and the usual issues that candidates traditionally respond to.

I don't recall but what was McCain's plan? I'm not asking to say it wasn't good or anything but I am curious to know what would have been the alteernative had he won the election? I assume the plan, whatever it is, would be supported by those on here who are vehementally opposed to Obama's.

I don't understand why people are so upset.

We are already [color:red]'paying'[/color] for a mismatch health care system which will be replaced with a better health care system. Even HH should understand that.

When a person files bankruptcy because of medical bills, the rest of us [color:red]'pick up'[/color] the [color:red]'bill'[/color] with higher premiums and higher cost for service. We also get [color:red]'nailed'[/color] for higher cost to borrow money and tigher restrictions on borrowing money.

Hopefully, fewer people will be filing bankruptcy when this new plan is implemented.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

During Bush's surge there were 170,000 in Iraq..there are currently 98,000 and plans are for another 48,000 to come home in August with the remaining 50k out by the end of the year. (because he is following the advice from the generals on the ground to remove them safely) So, what are you on about now?

And what does this have to do with him stopping the insurance companies from screwing you that you're so violently opposed to?

Prez. O promised to bring the troops home, simple. Then he delayed because the generals requested to stay longer...soooo, he should NOT have made PROMISES he could / would not keep! You can make up all excuses you wan for him, but it doesn't change that he broke his promise(s)!

Name one campaign promise that he he kept? I can not think of any!!

...and not at all violent over the Obamacare, just don't like to see the US gov shit on the US Constitution!

Got this in an email that is going around:

Proposed 28th Amendment to the United States Constitution:

"Congress shall make no law that applies to the citizens of the United States that does not apply equally to the Senators and/or Representatives; and, Congress shall make no law that applies to the Senators and/or Representatives that does not apply equally to the citizens of the United States ".

For too long we have been too complacent about the workings of Congress. Many citizens had no idea that members of Congress could retire with the same pay after only one term, that they didn't pay into Social Security, that they specifically exempted themselves from many of the laws they have passed (such as being exempt from any fear of prosecution for sexual harassment) while ordinary citizens must live under those laws. The latest is to exempt themselves from the Healthcare Reform that is being considered...in all of its forms. Somehow, that doesn't seem logical. We do not have an elite that is above the law. I truly don't care if they are Democrat, Republican, Independent or whatever. The self-serving must stop. This is a good way to do that. It is an idea whose time has come.

Archived