Yanks Health Care Passes. Done Deal.

unit731

Mr. Rogers Neighborhood.

I feel so sorry for those men in Canada and UK who get prostate cancer or the women in Canada and UK who get breast cancer.

LINK

"The video shows Rogers expressing intense opposition to the plan, saying that it will take away benefits and punish the 85 percent of Americans with health insurance just to help the 15 percent who don't. He quotes Abraham Lincoln's famous line: "You can't make a weak man strong by making a strong man weak." Rogers, a cancer survivor, then quotes statistics from the National Cancer Institute, the National Cancer Intelligence Centre in the United Kingdom and the Canadian Cancer Registry to argue that cancer survival rates are better under the U.S. system. He closes with an impassioned plea to protect the middle class."

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You do NOT have to buy Medicare, so why are you forced, under penalty of law, to buy Obamacare?

Prez. O, just keep using the US Constitution to wrap your fish in...and he taught constitutional law...WTF???

I think he taught at "Matchbook University"...you remember LaSalle College of Law? Correspondence courses?

HH

<< The bill sucks, but it is a step in the right direction. >>

Sort of like a parachute with a big hole in it is better than no parachute at all. :)

So the 85% of the population has to make holes in their parachutes to patch the other 15%? There is NO end to commie/progressive/liberal idealogues using this technique. Pretty soon EVERYBODY has 1/3 parachute...except those who leave the country and take their parachutes with them. The alternative is say to the commies, "try to make me. See ya in court." Good time to do that is now. Most people still have parachutes and it just takes a few on a jury to fuck over the commies assholes.

HH

Need funding? start with pay and benefit reductions of the politicians!

Need more, government workers...

All workers in the USA have taken drastic pay and benefit cuts ECXPECT to two groups mentioned above.

Don't worry, the fine job the US gov has done with social security and medicare...can you say, bend over for another good farkin???

How much is this bill actually going to cost per year? it can't be so much that a cut in defense spending can't make up for it ? sure, the US might have to close a few bases around the world and it might have a few nukes less, but i doubt it's military supremacy will be in danger. Or have i just proposed something sacrilegious?

How much is this bill actually going to cost per year? it can't be so much that a cut in defense spending can't make up for it ? sure, the US might have to close a few bases around the world and it might have a few nukes less, but i doubt it's military supremacy will be in danger. Or have i just proposed something sacrilegious?

There are TONS of waste in the government and especially in the defense budget. There is well over a trillion dollars...yes trillion...that have been unaccounted for over a few decades just ot of the defense budget alone.

The defense budget is sacrosanct. The Republicans get their money from the defense companies and the Democrats will be labled soft on defense if they try and cut it so the defense will always have money...more than it needs but is spent wastefully. Remember those $100 hammers a few decades ago?

The ones that should be getting money, VA, military families, don't.

I actually heard from a guy who was a self professed liberal that Rumsfeld actually was about to cut out a lot of waste then 911 changed all that. He knows how bloated and wasteful it was and was gonna cut a lot of it out.

The money is there actually for health care or at least enough to dramatically reduce the costs but its all in government waste. Also these congressmen have pet projects in their home states and district that are not gonna get cut. Remember Kennedy's highway extension in Boston that went on for years and years at a huge cost? That was never gonna be cut as well as the road to nowhere in Alaska. If you're a powerful congressman you get perks. Simply as that.

The government has money, it just doesn't spend it right.

Archived