Yanks Health Care Passes. Done Deal.

unit731

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Because conservatives prefer to deal with meanlingless slurs than actual facts on an issue.

The quality of heathcare will only change in that insurance companies won't be able to deny coverage as frequently. I haven't heard any of the most rabid detractors give a valid reason why the quality of healthcare would or could decline...making calling it healthcare(less) just another ridiculous effort to distract from the truth...carelessly. Not liking the mandate is wholly different than anything to do with the quality of the health care itself. This is the kind of thing that conservatives do that disqualify them from being taken seriously.

Because conservatives prefer to deal with meanlingless slurs than actual facts on an issue.

The quality of heathcare will only change in that insurance companies won't be able to deny coverage as frequently. I haven't heard any of the most rabid detractors give a valid reason why the quality of healthcare would or could decline...making calling it healthcare(less) just another ridiculous effort to distract from the truth...carelessly. Not liking the mandate is wholly different than anything to do with the quality of the health care itself. This is the kind of thing that conservatives do that disqualify them from being taken seriously.

Since the Conservatives gave their okay for us to pay for Iraqi healthcare, has the Iraqi healthcare system improved?

Since the Conservatives gave their okay for us to pay for Iraqi healthcare' date=' has the Iraqi healthcare system improved?[/quote']

Ask companies like KBR which receive the money. :content:

Got this in an email that is going around:

Proposed 28th Amendment to the United States Constitution:

"Congress shall make no law that applies to the citizens of the United States that does not apply equally to the Senators and/or Representatives; and, Congress shall make no law that applies to the Senators and/or Representatives that does not apply equally to the citizens of the United States ".

For too long we have been too complacent about the workings of Congress. Many citizens had no idea that members of Congress could retire with the same pay after only one term, that they didn't pay into Social Security, that they specifically exempted themselves from many of the laws they have passed (such as being exempt from any fear of prosecution for sexual harassment) while ordinary citizens must live under those laws. The latest is to exempt themselves from the Healthcare Reform that is being considered...in all of its forms. Somehow, that doesn't seem logical. We do not have an elite that is above the law. I truly don't care if they are Democrat, Republican, Independent or whatever. The self-serving must stop. This is a good way to do that. It is an idea whose time has come.

Some people are just 'thick' or have tunnel vision.

All, and I previously stated this, ALL, US federal employees have the same coverage. For Chr*st sake!

Is there a doctor on the premises at the US Capitol building? Well, yes there is. Is there a doctor at the Farley Building (Post Office in NYC) - yes, there is. Where there are lots of federal employees there is doctor/staff/EMT.

Some people just don't want the facts.

Some would rather rant and rant and rant and rant and rant and rant and rant and rant and rant and rant and rant and rant and rant and rant and rant . . . . . . .

Some people are just 'thick' or have tunnel vision.

Three words: Pot. Kettle. Black.

Ring any bells?

I SO do not want to post in this thread. Essentially I agree with guys like Chocolate Steve almost (stress almost) verbatim. Still, there is a lot in this bill to criticize and I hate to see it being praised as some fucking miracle cure for our own ailing system. It's not.

But, the bullshit gets a little thick.

All, and I previously stated this, ALL, US federal employees have the same coverage. For Chr*st sake!

Is there a doctor on the premises at the US Capitol building? Well, yes there is. Is there a doctor at the Farley Building (Post Office in NYC) - yes, there is. Where there are lots of federal employees there is doctor/staff/EMT.

Some people just don't want the facts.

The fact, once again - and this is the last time I'm posting it - is that congress/senate has their own medical staff and clinic on the premises. And their own pharmacy. They pay $300 a month for this and taxpayers boot the rest. I'm not talking fucking EMTs here for emergencies. We're talking full-on, high quality medical care onsite, no wait. That most assuredly does NOT exist for every federal employee.

Some would rather rant and rant and rant and rant and rant and rant and rant and rant and rant and rant and rant and rant and rant and rant and rant . . . . . . .

And some would rather ignore truth and live in a warm and fuzzy fairytale where they are the proverbial 'good-guy.' And they don't take kindly to disruptions of the fantasy.

Dave, just FYI, it is no secret that there are barely enough primary care doctors now to serve our insured population. Do you think Pelosi's gavel is gonna create more? And what happens when more and more doctors refuse to take Medicaid/Medicare insured because of low/er reimbursement rates? And what is gonna happen if the Demoncrats get their way again and legalize 10 million+ wet backs...who will then be "entitled" to heath care AND social security? It's gonna further fuck over the citizens of our country.

Try putting your nobel ideals aside and see the big picture: the is no fucking thing as a free lunch.

If the health care bill was so friggin' great, why did it take so long to pass...and only after bribes were handed out for votes to various legislators?

HH

Dave' date=' just FYI, it is no secret that there are barely enough primary care doctors now to serve our insured population. Do you think Pelosi's gavel is gonna create more? And what happens when more and more doctors refuse to take Medicaid/Medicare insured because of low/er reimbursement rates? And what is gonna happen if the Demoncrats get their way again and legalize 10 million+ wet backs...who will then be "entitled" to heath care [b'][color:red]AND social security[/color][/b]? It's gonna further fuck over the citizens of our country.

Try putting your nobel ideals aside and see the big picture: the is no fucking thing as a free lunch.

If the health care bill was so friggin' great, why did it take so long to pass...and only after bribes were handed out for votes to various legislators?

HH

Social Security HH?

If people pay into Social Security, they are entitled to is benefits. Sounds more like Conservative fear mongering to me.

You fear 12 - 20 million illegals in this country who might get amnesty. Do you prefer the tried and failed methods which meant spending huge amounts of money on failed programs? During the GWB administration, our tax dollars were spent on illegal immigration and what was spent did not reduce the number of illegals by 1%. That money could have been spent on healthcare - not for Iraqis but for USA citizens.

I say make them citizens (they are already here, we can't get rid of them) and get them to start paying taxes - a win win situation for everybody.

Fact: exempt themselves from the Healthcare Reform that is being considered...no rant required.

If this Healthcare Reform is so good, then we should expect the federal to go under this program...why have the expense of two programs? the attending medical staff at the large gov facilities can now go under the new program...want to put money on this happening :dunno:

Hopefully, Congress will abolish the laws which restrict doctors and dentists from practicing in the U.S. If they can pass a stringent series of tests which would prove that they are at (or above) the level of knowledge and performance of doctors and dentists that have U.S. degrees, I'm all in favor of letting them in. Doctors and dentists in the U.S. are the highest paid in the world and anything to bring their salaries down would be positive. I also support allowing insurance companies to pay for cheaper medical treatment abroad, assuming that U.S. medical standards are observed. Not to worry because it would take an extreme situation to get this passed over the long arm of the AMA.

Archived