Yanks Health Care Passes. Done Deal.

unit731

We've had Hitler and Palin introduced to the dialog, will somebody PLEASE make a reference to Zionist conspiracies so I can hit the fucking TRIFECTA.

There's money riding on this y'all.

(Note: Below, I'm putting place markers so we can insert references to Hitler, Sarah Palin, and Zionist conspiracies -- as that will surely come up)

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Got this in an email that is going around:

Proposed 28th Amendment to the United States Constitution:

"Congress shall make no law that applies to the citizens of the United States that does not apply equally to the Senators and/or Representatives; and, Congress shall make no law that applies to the Senators and/or Representatives that does not apply equally to the citizens of the United States ".

For too long we have been too complacent about the workings of Congress. Many citizens had no idea that members of Congress could retire with the same pay after only one term, that they didn't pay into Social Security, that they specifically exempted themselves from many of the laws they have passed (such as being exempt from any fear of prosecution for sexual harassment) while ordinary citizens must live under those laws. The latest is to exempt themselves from the Healthcare Reform that is being considered...in all of its forms. Somehow, that doesn't seem logical. We do not have an elite that is above the law. I truly don't care if they are Democrat, Republican, Independent or whatever. The self-serving must stop. This is a good way to do that. It is an idea whose time has come.

Bullshit or not, it will never ever pass...it should, but it won't.

you said <

Then you said <

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promise s/

The Obameter Scorecard

* Promise Kept 101

* Compromise 35

* Promise Broken 17

* Stalled 85

* In the Works 263

* Not yet rated 2 >>

Firstly, bravo to you for actually putting your money where your mouth was and looking up some real facts after spouting so much garbage. Not many (from either side) do that and it was impressive that you admitted you were wrong. You have moved up in my respect-o-meter!

Also, moving up was Obama. While I thought he was doing pretty good, I never would've guessed his ratio of promises kept to promises broken was 101:17. That might be some kind of record for a politician. And some of those 17 are actually unavoidable (public option that Congress wouldn't let him do) or downright admirable (abandoning moon mission because we just don't have the economic situation we had when he made the promise and he is not unwilling to change when circumstances do)

So refreshing to have actual facts instead of angry made up slurs for a change. Hoestly, I thank you.

...and not at all violent over the Obamacare, just don't like to see the US gov shit on the US Constitution!

I totally agree about the constitution. My main issue is that there are a plethora of things that have been happening over time that shit on it.

One of the biggest reasons I abondoned Bush totally was the Patriot's Act. National Health care is bad but NOTHING in comparison with the Patriot's Act.

Other things as well. What about that echelon computer that reads all or emails, etc.?

Health care may make us buy something we don't want but how is that in comparison to some of the things that have already been done in the past. Not only by Bush but Clinton passed a bill that helped to invade our privacy as well.

Why the outrage over this one specifically from some quarters? There have been much worse assaaults on our persons.

I'm an independent because I've seen it from BOTH parties. Okay, the scope in terms of size is alarming but in terms of danger to our liberty and personal freedoms its minor in comparison to other actions by the government.

"...Why the outrage over this one specifically from some quarters? There have been much worse assaaults on our persons..."

for several reasons...among them, Obama is Black, and that makes a difference to *some people*. Additionally, he is a democrat, and that matters to *a lot of people* and lets not forget that he is seriously pissing off the money boys in the health care/pharmaceutical sector and their bitches that support them on both sides.

Archived