Perplexing cagey comment from another forum

Wallenda

Just spotted this on another forum, a comment about the Reds' protests. Not sure what to make of it:

"All the government needs is to hold on until the 15th of this month... after that, well let's say the Army will switch camp. That's all I'll say for now.

The reds are on a timed schedule so yes, things could escalate... and fast."

Anyone know what this guy's talking about?

It is anyone's guess. I tend to think sooner or later the reds (or someone looking to discredit the reds) could start some shit, go too far and then the police have to come in and break up a riot or fight etc, and there could be the start of some serious shit. I hope I am wrong.

Just spotted this on another forum, a comment about the Reds' protests. Not sure what to make of it:

"All the government needs is to hold on until the 15th of this month... after that, well let's say the Army will switch camp. That's all I'll say for now.

The reds are on a timed schedule so yes, things could escalate... and fast."

Anyone know what this guy's talking about?

I think this is correct. Anupong have to resign in Autumn.

Thats why the PM don't want dissolve the house now. They want to pick ab Anupongs follower first.

OK but why does he say the army will switch camp?

ALso what's the position of that general?

As you can see, I'm a bit out of the loop.

Apiwan tells his fellow red shirts military stop support govt

Deputy House Speaker Apiwan Wiriyachai went up on the mobile sound truck of the red-shirt protesters in front of Parliament and told them the military was about to withdraw support for the government.

Calling the protesters his "fellow red shirts", Apiwan pleaded them not break into Parliament.

He said he received the phone call from the secretary of the defence minister that the military had stopped supporting the government.

Apiwan told the protesters that they were about to achieve the victory.

Prophecy

I can remember quite vividly what I was doing in 1997, and I have even more vivid memories of the streets around Pnomh Penh International Airport from February of this year. Its inconceivable to me that people were shooting at one another in those same streets while I sat in an airconditioned office in Brisbane dreaming of a trip to SE Asia. Thailand isnt Cambodia, and its a long bow to draw, but Bangkok wouldnt be so easy to patch up for the next batch of tourists. Some of those old government buildings in PP look like they were built specifically to withstand RPG and artillery attack - the same cant be said of Siam Paragon or Emporium.

<< Apiwan tells his fellow red shirts military stop support govt >>

Apiwan is only a colonel, not a lot of incluence in the Thai military. He is also a Thaksin devotee. Should anyone pay attention to what he says?

<< Apiwan told the protesters that they were about to achieve the victory. >>

Forcing the dissolution of a democratically elected parliament? What a noble deed!

Archived