Noi's Story (opinions welcomed)

expat

A few months ago, on one of my walkabouts in Pattaya (one of the pleasures of living here--plenty of strange and interesting stuff to see on many strange sois), I was passing a bar and saw a cute girl, so stopped in for a drink with her. let's call her Noi (not her real name). We hit it off--Noi's from Korat, one kid, 21 or 22 years old, started working a week or two before I met her. I enjoyed Noi's company--she's quite talkative and I enjoy listening to her talk about her life once in a while, so I stopped in a couple times. Noi had chosen the small bar she was working at because she had a friend working there.

One day I came in and Noi was crying. Turns out the day before she had gone out with friends to walking street, and as she was walking home a guy on a motorbike stopped and threatened her with a knife, taking her bag with most of the money she had earned so far and her mobile phone. I was a bit skeptical, but Noi never hit me up for money (I'm only into this financially a few lady drinks), so I just took it in. I never heard about the incident again, and given what I know about her, I believe Noi told the truth.

Eventually, Noi disappeared from that bar and I assumed I would never see her again. Lo and behold, on another walkabout, I saw her last week on Soi 6. I stopped in her bar for a nam soda and a chat (us being the Pattaya equivalent of old friends by now). She had been working there only a couple days after returning from her trip home for Songkran. The reason she was at the bar in Soi 6 is she had made friends with some girls who worked at this bar when she was working in her first bar. We had a nice chat--Noi's a nice kid, I like her.

I asked her why she doesn't work in a go-go as I assume they make more money. She said she can't dance and is too shy to dance without her clothes. I laughed and told her neither dancing skills nor nudity are requirements of employment for a go-go bar. I rather enjoyed demonstrating the typical go-go dance shuffle to her, and she had quite a laugh too. The other guys in the bar even seemed amused.

She mentioned there was a farang from Chiang Rai who had come in the bar, bar fined her and showed her around ("but no boom-boom, he has a wife") who had invited her to come up to Chiang Rai, where they would pay her 4500 baht a month and train her in some skill, like hairdressing. She was considering the offer--he's supposed to return today for her reply. She had friends who had taken the guy up on the offer, and apparently it's legit, the girl had only returned because she missed the big money of Pattaya. Has anyone ever heard of this?

So here's where the call for advice comes in. It seems to me her method of getting a job is not conducive to maximizing her earnings. Would she earn more in a go-go, as my instinct tells me? Or do Soi 6 girls rake in massive bucks off of sheer quantity? Simply stated, what is the best employment opportunity for a cute 22 year old woman with one baby who has decided to do sex work in Pattaya?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dyslexic Doggie

You cannot call Expat's Posts Bullshit and call the poster naive he accuses one of stalking him/

Expat,

You must speak fluent Thai if you can have conversations with Noi and discuss her life when she has only been in the bar scene a week or two/

It is real common to set up a girl with a deal like that and I know a lot of guys that do it (or did it before the present political gridlock) for around that amount.

Not every girl working in a bar really wants to.

If the falang does not live in Thailand usually he sends send four or five times that amount for the illusion that she is not doing other guys.

The no sex bullshit is almost certainly bullshit.

It is real common to set up a girl with a deal like that and I know a lot of guys that do it (or did it before the present political gridlock) for around that amount.

Interesting. I doubt she'll go for it--she probably will choose more money over training because she has a kid to support. She asked my opinion, but I just said I had no idea because I really don't.

Archived