Coverage of the crisis by foreign medias?

drogon

Sporty

You miss the Irony

My opinion about US Politics is about as valid as OH's about Thai Politics, maybe I should have been less subtle

SHUT THE FUCK UP OLD HIPPIE YOU DONT HAVE A FUCKING CLUE WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT

Does that make it clearer?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmmm...I would agree with you, if you are talking about the Mexicans legally here, the illegal ones have no rights by law. Of course they are pissed off about any law we pass, and do protest against it anyway. The Legal Mexicans and people born here of Latino/Mexican heritage have every right to be pissed with the new law, and have a right to redress this grievance.

Bit of a difference in Thailand, however, as both sides are Thais. As I see the situation in Thailand, it goes far beyond Thaksin, the "other side" etc...This has morphed into something a lot bigger than all of that. Something I don't think we can just break down into 2 clear cut sides.

Sporty

You miss the Irony

My opinion about US Politics is about as valid as OH's about Thai Politics, maybe I should have been less subtle

SHUT THE FUCK UP OLD HIPPIE YOU DONT HAVE A FUCKING CLUE WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT

Does that make it clearer?

No, you mixed apples and oranges...The U.S. immigration situation involves foreigners illegally in the U.S., the Thai situation involves Thais and only Thais. 2 completely different situations. So allow me to say SHUT THE FUCK UP MEKONG YOU DON"T HAVE A FUCKING CLUE WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT, REGARDING THE USA OR THAILAND.

I admit I know fuck all about US politics apart from the fact that it pollutes this board too fucking much, but I have more knowlesge of Thai politics in the klingon I failed ro douche out with the hose last time I took a dump than you would ever learn in a lifetime.

There are numerous diverse groups within the country that calls itself "Thailand" and to class them all as equal is a sad reflection on your ignorance of this nation and its people, but I will allow you to wallow in your pit of ignorance and self belief that by attending a Wat in California to learn Thai and travelling to Thailand when the free / well subsisised flights allow such makes you such an expert.

If you were really interested in Thailand and its people / culture you would make the effort to live here full time rather than make the occasional visit as and when it is cheaper than a road trip to Reno.

Yes yes...I know you know everything, after all, you live there part time now is it? Anyway, I will stand by my statement that you know nothing about Thailand, and that is clear from how you express yourself on the matter. I maintain I know a lot more about everything than you ever will, because I am the superior person you wish you could be....blah blah blah...beat my chest and scream louder...

S.... It seems to me there is a lot more involved here than Thaksin paying some people. Had someone recognized this, and respected it, things might not be where they are.

You are wrong. It is all about Thaksin. he is the puppet master and the reds are his puppets.

Abhisit's road map was already accepted until Thaksin called in and told the hardcore leaders like Seh Daeng that he does not want reconciliation and if other leaders would give in he had already lined up the next generation.

The result we see for the last 3 days.... :(

What really pisses me off that the coward and hypocrite fugitive is now talking to the international press and asking for reconciliation and peace. What an fucking asshole.

You are wrong. It is all about Thaksin. he is the puppet master and the reds are his puppets.

I agree, that is 80% of it, for sure, without the finace this would have never happened, the next election, in a year, would of smooth everything out.

What, I am waiting for, is the follow the money, that is in the works. Do not know Thai law, but many places, those who finance terrorism, are equally as quilty as terroists. Few countries in the world, will refuse to extradite a terrorist,right now.

So its, Civil War, and win it, or wait for the hammer to fall.

You guys may be right, or not...I don't know What Thaksin told Seh Daeng. But to me, it seems *if* the rumors are true, and these people are there because they were told to be there, or paid to be there etc...they might have backed down when met with force.

In the beginning the reports were the reds were just old women and drunks. Clearly this is not the case. These people, whether you/we agree with them or not, are pissed off about something and are willing to defy the government, the army, and if need be fight/die for whatever it is. They don't appear to be backing down very quickly if at all.

Now you don't need to an expert or a resident to realize that this is not good, in any country. My point is, until the core gripes of these people are addressed, and they feel they have been made "whole" they will continue. Maybe they get suppressed today, but they come back later, and each time it may get worse.

As for Thaksin...ok he is the puppet master, an asshole etc...lets say the reds win this one (they won't, but lets say it), Any chance Thaksin will come back? that is most likely his goal, but what are the odds some high up in the reds decides he did the work and wants the job of leader? Had Seah Daneg not been shot would he have made the move? Someone else? I think some of these red leaders have their own agenda that may not include Thaksin. Might be why they get shot...?

The second part to all of this is when it is over. The next fight is who gets the spoils of the war. Look at the Philippines, they all fought to dump Marcos, they did, and they started fighting with each other to see who would get his job, they still in fight there.

A lot of what I see going on in Thailand is very similar to what I saw in Central America. Forget cultures and countries for a minute here, the basic roots of all this are the same, and same basic tactics are being used and the same basic problems exist.

You guys may be right, or not...I don't know What Thaksin told Seh Daeng. But to me, it seems *if* the rumors are true, and these people are there because they were told to be there, or paid to be there etc...they might have backed down when met with force.

Seh Daeng himself told the media that he only listens to Thaksin and Thaksin rejected the road map and wants the red continue to fight. He gave interviews even to the Nation and BKK Post.

And yes out of the original 100,000 protesters in March, 90% were just paid and thus returned to the provinces within a couple of days. The remaining 5,000 to 10,000 protesters are different (though I admit that I don't know their reasons) and amongst them are around 500 to 1000 hardcore militants, causing all the troubles.

Seh Daeng himself told the media that he only listens to Thaksin and Thaksin rejected the road map and wants the red continue to fight. He gave interviews even to the Nation and BKK Post.

And yes out of the original 100,000 protesters in March, 90% were just paid and thus returned to the provinces within a couple of days. The remaining 5,000 to 10,000 protesters are different (though I admit that I don't know their reasons) and amongst them are around 500 to 1000 hardcore militants, causing all the troubles.

Yes, agree, on Seh Deang. He was not accept, at the time of the shooting, as part of the leadership by the other RED leaders. In the NY Times interview taking place at the time he was shot, indicated, he was going to take over, the RED movement, to make it more militant, and answered only to Mr T. I can see a motive, for a RED leader(s) to do away with him. So, with the governments, obvious reason,to see him go away, who done the deed, no idea.

Only thing really clear to me, he was a nitwit, to put himself in that position. Bragging to be the key man and telling the reporter just before, I know there are snipers out there that want me gone, something you really do not want to be right about.

Archived