Curfew declared

drogon

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OH, why the no Standby are not allowed???

The airlines changed the policy?

I think what OH means is that in order to travel to airport during "Curfew Hours" you need a valid ticket to prove you have a flight to catch.

A Standby ticket is not endorsed with flight details until ticket holder arrives at airport and therefore not a valid travel document under State of Emergency.

OH' date=' why the no Standby are not allowed???

The airlines changed the policy? [/quote']

I think what OH means is that in order to travel to airport during "Curfew Hours" you need a valid ticket to prove you have a flight to catch.

A Standby ticket is not endorsed with flight details until ticket holder arrives at airport and therefore not a valid travel document under State of Emergency.

yes, in part. Other part is, the company cannot deal with a long list of Standbys getting stuck and needing to be re ticketed on other carriers and all the other problems we cause, after all they make little or no money off us. BKK is, I believe, still the #1 destination for airline employees...at least at our company.

BKK is, I believe, still the #1 destination for airline employees...at least at our company.

That's interesting, didn't think they compiled such stats but, come to think of it, the industry has cooperative working groups for just about everything, so I shouldn't be surprised.

Working for an Asian airline in LA, I was the sole weirdo flying to BKK twice a year. It would have been nice to be part of the majority. :)

BB: that sucks. My dad somehow survived 9 years of that treatment while dealing with cancer too in his last year. Imagine going through that every other day and the docs recommending chemo on your days off. :eek::sad:

Good luck to her.

She is so-so ok.... mother of 9, diabetic, kidney failure and open heart surgery 6 years ago, still a strong woman at 68.

BB

Archived