Are prices down?

Patella

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agree,

BF's will not go down

Some of the girls "may" negotiate if the rents due, but overall I agree with the last post

Talked with a girl in the Beer Garden the week before last and she said she hadn't had a customer in 11 days.

When I suggested that "it" may have healed and no longer open after all that time, she proceeded to sit on my finger and prove all was in working order.

Still wanted 250 baht ST lol Bloody outrageous if you ask me

Cheers DC

Agree,

BF's will not go down

Some of the girls "may" negotiate if the rents due, but overall I agree with the last post

Talked with a girl in the Beer Garden the week before last and she said she hadn't had a customer in 11 days.

When I suggested that "it" may have healed and no longer open after all that time, she proceeded to sit on my finger and prove all was in working order.

Still wanted 250 baht ST lol Bloody outrageous if you ask me

Cheers DC

Like everything in life it is far easier for things to remain the way they are than to go back/revert...

Same goes for many things in Thailand including of course nightlife prices.

You may find a few more freelancers, you may find some girls willing to bargain if they have an urgency (rent due, family asking for more and so on) but don't expect bars and girls to give big discounts in general...

If Thailand and particularly BKK were to undergo a concerted terrorist campaign for quite a few mongs/years, with many expats leaving due to insecurity, then yes you may get a general prices reshuffle....

Just my 2 satangs

Been to Soi Cowboy yesterday for the first time since a year. Not busy and most places closed at 11pm.

The bars (Shark, Tilak...) were full of girls but they were hardly trying to get a customer. When the lights went on, they rushed to the dressing room and off they were. Only 2 tried to meet afterwards but quoted prices where ridiculous. 2,000 THB ST for 1h as then curfew started, or 4,000 for LT.

Seems they don't depend that much on the 'local' customers anymore. I visit to an internet cafe and a short e-mail saying that they need money as 'in Bangkok everything bad and red shirt no good' probably does the trick.

Like everything in life it is far easier for things to remain the way they are than to go back/revert...

Same goes for many things in Thailand including of course nightlife prices.

You may find a few more freelancers, you may find some girls willing to bargain if they have an urgency (rent due, family asking for more and so on) but don't expect bars and girls to give big discounts in general...

If Thailand and particularly BKK were to undergo a concerted terrorist campaign for quite a few mongs/years, with many expats leaving due to insecurity, then yes you may get a general prices reshuffle....

Just my 2 satangs

Been to Soi Cowboy yesterday for the first time since a year. Not busy and most places closed at 11pm.

The bars (Shark, Tilak...) were full of girls but they were hardly trying to get a customer. When the lights went on, they rushed to the dressing room and off they were. Only 2 tried to meet afterwards but quoted prices where ridiculous. 2,000 THB ST for 1h as then curfew started, or 4,000 for LT.

Seems they don't depend that much on the 'local' customers anymore. I visit to an internet cafe and a short e-mail saying that they need money as 'in Bangkok everything bad and red shirt no good' probably does the trick.

As long as asshole keep sending Noi and Lek their checks every month, nothing will change...back when whores had to earn their money, it was much better.

As long as asshole keep sending Noi and Lek their checks every month, nothing will change...back when whores had to earn their money, it was much better.

Hey, I happen to think its more important than ever that Noi, Lek and Joi all have gold from one end of their lovely arms to the other - in difficult times like these, its important to have an asset like that to fall back on. :neener:

Its not restricted to the BGs either - I posted about 12 months back how painful it was to read a handwritten letter Ms CP dutifully scanned (!) and forwarded to me when her sisters BF lost his job and promptly cut his 'expenses' in favour of little things like food and shelter (remember those ?). I saw her at the start of the year - new Farang BF in tow and seemingly over the pain of it all. Little sister, after years of claiming she didnt like Farang, has now opted for the company of same when it became apparent that her waitress job wasnt going to finance her lifestyle and her Thai BF's Yabaa sales didnt meet expectations. Really, whats a girl to do ?

Wondering with low tourism if you are finding BF's or ST/LT prices are down or more readily negotiable? Or is it too soon to tell?

Thoughts?

Well, a friend reported that on going to his usual BKK hotel last week they tacked on a 150 baht 'surcharge'. He asked what the surcharge was for... drumroll please... they said it was because they had fewer customers.

Fahking idiots. They will destroy the goose that lays the golden egg one day (tourism). Hard to do, but these fools will do it. They've been shooting themselves in the foot for ages.

Archived