Are prices down?

Patella

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, two problems here:

1. Thai business logic dictates that when there are fewer customers, if anything you charge more

2. When there are almost no customers in the bar, the girls get even lazier than usual and sometimes don't even bother going after the few that are there.

All in all I prefer it busy.

Well, a friend reported that on going to his usual BKK hotel last week they tacked on a 150 baht 'surcharge'. He asked what the surcharge was for... drumroll please... they said it was because they had fewer customers.

Name the Hotel....cnuts like this should be blacklisted....

Cent, when I will be in Surin will your restaurant also add a 200% surcharge 'because there are less customers'?

:neener:

Less customers where???....In Surin...or Cent's place??

Nah....don't think it will be that high.... 150%....maybe, cos air is pang mak...

:grinyes::neener::neener::grinyes:

Fahking idiots. They will destroy the goose that lays the golden egg one day (tourism). Hard to do, but these fools will do it. They've been shooting themselves in the foot for ages.

You'd think so, and in any other country I'd agree but we've been saying that for at least the 10 years I've been perousing this board and even though individual bars and hotels come and go, tourism as a whole seems to have flourished over the years, and after these disasters (Red shirts, tsunami, bombs going off..) the region seems to recover, with higher prices.

Thailand might end up like so many 'resort destinations' -> more and more regular tourists and a progressive slowdown when Thailand reaches the peak demand....prices would continue to rise.

Of course it would mean that punters will continue to diminish and the farang oriented industry will shrink (but not disappear).

I might be wrong but who knows and anyway it would take a few decades.

Archived