We didn’t have to wait long for Israel’s latest outrage

robaus

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saw this news story. Was just watching tonight when some woman was on BBC going on forever in that steamroller style deliberately not letting the interviewer speak. (when they do that, I just wonder, do they think they're persuading anyone with that tactic?)

Anyway, I think we've all seen the video by now. It shows people dressed like the protestors bashing some of the soldiers with what look like pipes.

Now I don't know if what this spokeswoman was saying is the official line taht the protestors' side is taking, but she kept saying that the Israeli soldiers came onboard shooting their guns immediately, unprovoked.

So I'm trying to figure out how this video fits in with that story:

The soldiers came on board firing their weapons at the unarmed protestors (why?), and the protestors' reaction was to run inside and grab pipes to come back out and attack soldiers who were firing machine guns at them... with pipes?

If the soldiers were already firing at them before they retaliated (just to stick with their story for a moment), it would mean that a LOT of people got the same idea at the same moment, ran inside where some pipes happened to be handy, and then came out into blazing guns to whack the guys in the head with pipes, while being shot at from very short distance.

How would they get close enough if these soldiers were already firing their guns at them? And who would do that?

Look I can understand their orignal idea of not wanting to go down without a fight -- but cant' really respect the BS story that they're trying to push on us here.

Obviously these guys who were on the boat had planned to do this when the soldiers landed. There's no way to explain how that video fits with the version of the story where the soldiers arrived and started shooting unprovoked.

This doesn't mean Israel's right -- its obvious they bungled this by not preparing for what actually happened. They needed to be a lot more cautious in how they did this.

But what happened, it seems pretty obvious there were guys on that boat intent on creating a much bigger international incident. And if they're now trying to claim they never did any thing to provoke it, well, thats not what the video shows.

If you just think about it abstractly it seems unfair.

But if you land on a ship deck with a gun in your hands and some guy runs at you and starts hitting you in the head with a pipe, it's do or die time. It's not hard to imagine how things got out of control.

I'm just saying, it's bad enough the way it really happened.

This whole effort to make up a different version of the story (soldiers hit the deck with guns blazing, no attack on them) strikes me the way some of the reds' stories did -- how they were just peaceful protestors, they had no weapons, yada yada.

Don't land on the boat with a gun then perhaps?

Israel is working on a propaganda response.

- Releasing a video supporting their side. And a soldier is telling in an interview that he was armed with a paintball gun. WTF. Special forces with a paintgun. I guess the Iranians are falling laughing from their chairs while watching the interview on TV.

- Isolating the journalists on board from international press for to avoid an alternative narrative of the incident - including for example a German journo from the major conservative newspaper (which is pro Israel).

My guess: Israel will lose the propaganda war. You can't talk away ten killed activists.

And it's huge victory for Hamas - about which no one can be happy, except maybe radical Muslims and radical left wing Westerners.

Archived