We didn’t have to wait long for Israel’s latest outrage

robaus

"...This whole effort to make up a different version of the story (soldiers hit the deck with guns blazing, no attack on them) strikes me the way some of the reds' stories did -- how they were just peaceful protestors, they had no weapons, yada yada..."

Assuming of course that 1 side is 100% factual/right, which is seldom the case. The bigger issue is, did IDF have the right to board the ship in the first place? and I mean by international law, Not IDF's perspective, or that of the Israel can do no wrong brigade. My personal feeling here is you can't trust either side to tell you 100% of the truth, same with the recent events in BKK since you want to drag that up again.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"My personal feeling here is you can't trust either side to tell you 1005 of the truth, same with the recent events in BKK since you want to drag that up again.

It's a war with guns and words. This time Israel lost the propaganda war completely - like the last time when they bombed Gaza for weeks.

The Israelis knew this was a no win going into it. The big question will be can they maintain the blockade. Two more ships are on the way.

I guess Israel is losing more and more its touch with the international political and media world.

They produce one political/ military/ media disaster after another. Just remember when one day before VP Biden (a longtime supporter and close friend of Israel) came to visit, they announced to build new settlements. This was a major affront against the most important ally.

The Israelis knew this was a no win going into it. The big question will be can they maintain the blockade. Two more ships are on the way.

I guess Israel is losing more and more its touch with the international political and media world.

They produce one political/ military/ media disaster after another. Just remember when one day before VP Biden (a longtime supporter and close friend of Israel) came to visit' date=' they announced to build new settlements. This was a major affront against the most important ally.

[/quote']

These screwups like this might be the best chance for peace. The US economy is surely going to have a lot more problems in the coming few years.

When Americans look around for things to cut a good place to start might be the number one destination of US foreign aid - Israel.

Being in Beirut recently, they are pleased that finally Israel has stopped it's regular spring offensives that have often kept tourists away, and now Israel itself is loosing the tourists it attracted.

All in all, very silly, work to creating wealth rather than jealousy, would be far more profitable for all.

They produce one political/ military/ media disaster after another. Just remember when one day before VP Biden (a longtime supporter and close friend of Israel) came to visit' date=' they announced to build new settlements. This was a major affront against the most important ally.

[/quote']

These screwups like this might be the best chance for peace. The US economy is surely going to have a lot more problems in the coming few years.

When Americans look around for things to cut a good place to start might be the number one destination of US foreign aid - Israel.

:up::up::up:

HH

Archived