Arizona's Next Immigration Target: Children of Illegals

cavanami

You are all racist and ill informed. Obama is very clearly doing something' date=' apparently a lot more than GWB did...so far he has deported more illegals than GWB...as for this constant crap about it costing more taxes...ok, well how much more in taxes are you willing to pay to keep having these people come here? They cost us either way.

It isn't so much about the guys at Home depot, but the criminal element some here claim does not exist. My city is over run with these assholes. Surtenos, Nortenos, MS-13...I am will to pay to have them eradicated.[/quote']

Why do eople want so much done in regards to illegals but haven't given one thought to the real problem which is illegal drugs?

Lame again dude, You lose when you try and back peddle and or change the issue. We went over this back when...? And some here still claim that NO illegal drugs have anything to do with ANY illegal Mexicans/aliens. Someone actually posted that white guys were smuggling the drugs in...in trucks...and shipping guns south...both are wrong...but well...

As for the drug problem only solution is full legalization, take the profit and violence out of it...but fat chance of that. Now what should we do about the Illegal gangs bring drugs into the USA...? What if they are "minorities?" Should we profile? shoot on sight? Or do we keep saying "...it will cost to much to stop them..." "...you can't stop them..." "...they never break the law, this is all right wing crap..."

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OH (I've given up trying to educate BKT).

Illegal immigration has been an issue with U.S. citizens for quite a while. It's just that politicans ignored it for fear of alienating the Hispanic community. For a decade or two, I've been waiting for some kind of discussion about the problem of illegal immigration to occur during the course of political campaigns. It never happened until now; and even now, the politicians are keeping it low down on the list of issues they want to discuss.

Bullshit.

The USA has illegal immigration because the USA needs people pick tomatoes and no one but a Mexican would stoop so low. If you don't believe me, ask the honorable senator from California, George Murphy.

"Murphy had stated that Mexicans were genetically suited to farm labor; because they were "built lower to the ground," it was supposedly "easier for them to stoop." Oddly, some years earlier, in 1949, Murphy himself had starred next to Mexican actor Ricardo Montalban in the film Border Incident, which cast the exploitation of the Braceros in a negative light. Minuteman? That is how long it take them to set. Even in Egypt, the Pharaohs had to import Hebrew Braceros."

The people who make it possible for illegal immigrants to be in the USA do so because they can pay them cheap wages and get rid of them whenever they please. Nobody gives a fuck about alienating Hispanics. duh. If you think they do, you are a dumb-ass. If you want to be serious about illegal immigration, it is going to take a Big Government solution. Teabaggers don't want that, except when they do.

Either HH and OH are the same person or big-time gay lovers, with teabagging their favorite choice.

George Murphy was an embarrassment as a senator. I remember him well - he was always putting both feet in his mouth. This was the same time that Shirley Temple was trying - unsuccessfully - to become a Congresswoman and Ronnie Raygun was the guv. Ah, the glory days of California.

As to no one but a Mexican would pick them, even if it is true back then the fruit and veggie pickers were braceros brought in LEGALLY to work and then taken back to Mexico when the job was finished. Cesar Chavez was trying to organise the fruit pickers and get them a decent wage. Maybe he succeeded too well and no one wants to pay what a legal worker would expect. :dunno:

Still, if nobody picks the veggies and fruit, so be it. Lack of hired help is no reason to break the law.

p.s. Ricardo Montalban may have been born in Mexico, but his parents were Castilian Spanish. He hardly looked like a bracero. Strange (or perhaps racist) casting.

OH (I've given up trying to educate BKT).

Illegal immigration has been an issue with U.S. citizens for quite a while. It's just that politicans ignored it for fear of alienating the Hispanic community. For a decade or two' date=' I've been waiting for some kind of discussion about the problem of illegal immigration to occur during the course of political campaigns. It never happened until now; and even now, the politicians are keeping it low down on the list of issues they want to discuss.

[/quote']

Bullshit.

The USA has illegal immigration because the USA needs people pick tomatoes and no one but a Mexican would stoop so low. If you don't believe me, ask the honorable senator from California, George Murphy.

"Murphy had stated that Mexicans were genetically suited to farm labor; because they were "built lower to the ground," it was supposedly "easier for them to stoop." Oddly, some years earlier, in 1949, Murphy himself had starred next to Mexican actor Ricardo Montalban in the film Border Incident, which cast the exploitation of the Braceros in a negative light. Minuteman? That is how long it take them to set. Even in Egypt, the Pharaohs had to import Hebrew Braceros."

The people who make it possible for illegal immigrants to be in the USA do so because they can pay them cheap wages and get rid of them whenever they please. Nobody gives a fuck about alienating Hispanics. duh. If you think they do, you are a dumb-ass. If you want to be serious about illegal immigration, it is going to take a Big Government solution. Teabaggers don't want that, except when they do.

Either HH and OH are the same person or big-time gay lovers, with teabagging their favorite choice.

HH, Me and what like 70% of the rest of the country? Several pages back, we all agreed that those hiring illegals were the main reason for them being here, and we all called for a crack down on those hiring them. We all agreed on that.

That said, we do need to do something, as the problem is growing in a bad economy. The main emphasis, I think we also mostly agreed on, was first cracking down on the criminals illegally entering, and those here already.

I have no idea where GD and LK live (most likely together in "Civil Union" or else they are the same person) but my city has a real problem with these people. Additionally, I will argue in defense of these people and say they are being exploited to an extent by a very bad situation, in some cases, exploited by their own people. Starting with the "Coyotes" that bring them here.

Farm workers...? Not sure, there used to be seasonal visas and guest worker visas given for agricultural work. That may or may not be over now. According to UFW, *Most* farm workers are here legally (I remain skeptical).

Why some here insist on supporting illegal immigration baffles me.

No one is actually supporting them. You just refuse to listen. You get rid of mosquitoes by removing all the standing water from near your domicile (err, remove the jobs, using strict enforcement of the current laws and making the punishment hurt the biz more than hiring the illegals boosts their profits) rather than spraying toxic chemicals which just solves the issue for a day or two and wastes money cuz you have to keep repeating it (i.e., rounding them up and going through a deportation procedure only to have them come back because the jobs are still here).

But are you willing to pay $0.25/tomato more? If not, then you're fucked and they are never going away.

There is no stomach by the GOPers to do anything to the corps who hire the illegals. There is no stomach by the public to pay a fair price for their produce, or drywall hanging or what-have-you.

So this will never go away and you're wasting all of our time bitching about something you have no intention of cleaning up.

Ok, so we agree in part...now lets you me HH and GD plan a nice Fire Island holiday!

The only thing I would add is that we need to do something with those here...and stop more from coming...ok, removing the incentive might stop more from coming I agree. But what about those here? Another amnesty? That got us what? more?

So what to do with those here? Deport? Amnesty? It can't keep going on is my point. If it cost us more well so it goes, but it will cost us more and more to do nothing and have more come.

The jobs thing still holds true. If they lose their jobs, they're gonna go back home. A problem 25 years in the making is not gonna disappear overnight. Just strictly enforce the employment laws we have (maybe make the penalties more severe, since I do not know what they are). It really is that simple. Occam's Razor...don't reinvent the wheel.

As for the drug problem only solution is full legalization, take the profit and violence out of it

That won't work either. This was already tried in the 2nd half of 1800's and beginning of 1900's - and half the country was stoned on morphine, liquid cocaine, heroin. It just did not work. I certainly don't want to work next to some doped up employee. Never mind low productivity or worse - safety issues.

Sorry, I am against any legalization of any drug other than maybe ganga - and that with some serious restrictions. Otherwise half the primary school children will be stoned - which may be a good thing - or not.

Nor do I want to drive down the highway with some fat ass pot-head broad with cell phone in hand text messaging his/her fruitcake friend - at 20MPH.

Archived