Arizona's Next Immigration Target: Children of Illegals

cavanami

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am constantly having to prove or reprove that I am legally allowed to work in the USA, and I have to under go back ground checks as well, all part of my job. I have been asked to show my "papers" in Thailand several times, and I have seen them do the same to Thai people. To me it isn't a big deal.

OH...everybody seems to lose sight of the fact that there really isn't anything unconstitutional about this law. The concept of federal "superiority" doesn't hold up with any rational analysis. The lawsuit brought by Obama is purely a political move to pander to the Hispanic vote. Pure and simple. Same thing with his amnesty agenda. NOBODY has accepted my invitation to list the benefits our country would accrue by virtue of legalizing 10 million + wets. I'm not surprised, cuz I don't believe any exist.

HH

I'm surprised Obama hasn't gone the way of Clinton and proposed a "don't ask, don't tell" policy. :rotl:

Sheriff Babeu is the sheriff of a county 3 counties away from the border.

So that just proves (more) how far out of hand the problem has grown. I live about 300 miles from the border; I'm sure our Sheriff could say the same.

HH

Sheriff Babeu is being portrayed as a border Sherriff. He isn't. This is one of many examples of how the facts have been distorted and twisted.

The truth of the matter is very few people know much about Arizona's history and issues but for some strange reason, a lot of people all of a sudden seem to know a lot about Arizona, or at least they think they do.

I am constantly having to prove or reprove that I am legally allowed to work in the USA, and I have to under go back ground checks as well, all part of my job. I have been asked to show my "papers" in Thailand several times, and I have seen them do the same to Thai people. To me it isn't a big deal.

If you got stopped in Arizona, you would be given a ticket and you would be on your way. If SB1070 became fully operational, you would get the ticket but your citizenship would be questioned. If you couldn't prove your citizenship, you get to go to jail, and your vehicle gets seized.

An intereting aspect of the law was that people that visit the USA on the Visa Waiver program, would all have to go to jail if stopped in Arizona.

Frankly, I can't see what the big deal is, so in addition to your driver's license, you show them a wallet size copy of a birth certificate...

I always carry my passport when outside of the USA...and I am not pissed off when the police ask to see it, and check my visa stamps.

The nut cases want you to carry an original birth certificate.

A national ID card would solve all of this, but that gets the wingnuts heads exploding. Never sure why they hate that idea so much, just great sport to :stirthepo ...

Do I have to bring up Pre-War Germany (again)? Or the former Soviet Union?

NOBODY has accepted my invitation to list the benefits our country would accrue by virtue of legalizing 10 million + wets.

Ok, HH.

First, Deportation of ~12 million illegal aliens (yes I know it is longer to type than "wets", but I prefer not to use racial slurs ... please grow up) will cost anywhere from ~$100 billion to $285 billion ("throw 'em out" versus "threw 'em out and keep 'em out") according to immigration and customs enforcement. Then the cost to the economy is estimated at a positive $1.5 trillion to GDP, versus a loss of $2.6 trillion if we throw 'em all out and keep 'em out over 10 years.

Google is your friend HH.

Link

Link

Archived