Arizona's Next Immigration Target: Children of Illegals

cavanami

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Frankly' date=' I can't see what the big deal is, so in addition to your driver's license, you show them a wallet size copy of a birth certificate...

I always carry my passport when outside of the USA...and I am not pissed off when the police ask to see it, and check my visa stamps. [/quote']

The nut cases want you to carry an original birth certificate.

I do. What is the problem?

... and if your original birth certificate gets stolen, then what?

Are you sure it is an original oe is it a notorized birth certificate?

I have several copies...and if I lose all of them, I will get replacements...now I know you will say "what if you get asked for 1 when you have lost them all...?" so far that hasn't happened, and probably won't. I am sure I am in enough data bases that it would NOT be a problem.

As for "Some" illegals paying taxes...how? oh you mean they have fraudulent papers which allow them to work her illegally...you seem that is called identity theft and that is also against the law. And as far as taxing them all...how> when most work under the table? Are you suggesting another reward/amnesty for them all? yeah, the last one worked well, really sent the message that we won't tolerate them here...buy a clue dude.

Just heard on the radio that 95% of the murder warrants in the LA area are for illegals.

This is one cost for doing nothing...ohhh, they have 800 or so "sanctuary cities" around the USA where they do not arrest the illegals...WTF is that?

Next is are "sanctuary cities" for bank robbers???

Is this the same place you got your "Iranian's attack Japanese ship" news?

Just heard on the radio that 95% of the murder warrants in the LA area are for illegals.

This is one cost for doing nothing...ohhh' date=' they have 800 or so "sanctuary cities" around the USA where they do not arrest the illegals...WTF is that?

Next is are "sanctuary cities" for bank robbers???[/quote']

It was in a link I posted about 20 pages back.

This is one cost for doing nothing...ohhh' date=' they have 800 or so "sanctuary cities" around the USA where they do not arrest the illegals...WTF is that?

Next is are "sanctuary cities" for bank robbers???[/quote']

It appears you missed the link I posted, it was from Bloomberg.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-07-28/mitsui-o-s-k-says-one-injured-in-possible-attack-on-tanker-near-iran.html

Like I mentioned, I heard the 95% number on the radio.

The radio and Bloomberg are different medias.

<< What's to stop a cop from giving me a hard time for looking like a possible illegal from Nigeria? Even if the accent doesn't fit? It can be used to harass and I've seen way too much of that for a few life times. >>

Ah, the notorious crime of DWB (driving while black)! :p

It does happen. I would like to think I'm not the play the race card type. I'm more pissed off at the Jesse Jacksons and Rev Als than most because they claim to represent me...frudently most of the time.

However, cops do stop people, not only blacks, for not fitting the profile of the area or because they are just suspicious.

I spent my last year of high school in the suburbs and the kids who loved heavy metal and dresses as such, as well as the punk rock kids, goth kids, regularly complained about being stopped by the local cops for the crime of looking different.

ops are human and human nature says be suspicious of people you don't understand or like. Not saying its right but I understand the psychology of it, however, it doesn't make it right to do it.

I have countless stories. I posted once that amongst black males you don't even ask if its happened to them, its already assumed because it was just so comomon. Until it started happening to famous blacks who thought they were too famous for it to happen, it didn't get national attention.

Are there oversensitive types who got stopped legitimately? Sure. Far too many of them, but at least from my personal experience and those that I know it is/was a definte issue.

Maybe there are black police officers who do the same. I don't know. Its an abuse of your power as a cop issue for me.

"...There are much better ways to deal with illegal immigration...."

Such as? All I have heard so far is "...it will cost too much to do ANYTHING..."

What's already been proposed on the federal level. Starting with enfocing what is on the books already. If we actually enforced the law we'd curb it big time.

There is money, its just wasted elsewhere. The defense budget and the pork and barrell stuff could take care of it. The money we spent on Iraq could have been used at home.

Archived