Arizona's Next Immigration Target: Children of Illegals

cavanami

They key phrase is "decent wage" i.e. a wage a non-hispanic would find acceptable. See #2

Hey, you think cheap labor is a necessity. Well, China has about 500 million people ready to solve your problem. They will work harder and cheaper than the Mexicans.

The US could take, say 30 million off the hands of the Chinese and make a deal to reduce the amount of our debt the Chinese are holding (how many trillion is it now?).

A win-win.

As an aside, the only thing that confuses me is why Al Gore hasn't found a link between illegal immigration and climate change.

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

#2. There are no jobs that Americans won't do.

Bullshit. Housekeepers in my neck of the woods get $20 to $25 per hour. They are ALL of Mexican descent. Day laborers at the local home depot get $15 to $20 per hour. They are all of Mexican descent too. Never heard of any Caucasian migrant fruit pickers either.

#4. Illegal aliens are NOT critical to the economy.

Perhaps not to the economy as a whole, but it is to certain industries e.g. agriculture, fast food. See point #2....

They key phrase is "decent wage" i.e. a wage a non-hispanic would find acceptable. See #2

There needs to be a reasonable and intelligent immigration policy. I don't think stoking tensions and persecuting people already here will do much good, but there does need to be some sort of intelligent policy that is actually enforced and mitigates the flow.

I am concerned about cartel-type violence down south gradually making its way up here, and you're seeing pockets of that. Needs to be prevented.

All that said -- had to chuckle at the 20/25 an hour post. I know plenty of people who would JUMP on that. The most eager toilet-scrubbers you've ever seen. And white as wonder bread. Especially if it was cash (under the table). I'm guessing you've never been to Indiana or Kentucky? :)

I remember being shocked when I came to CA how everyone had a 'gardener.' People with a tiny two foot patch of half-dead grass need their own gardener to come once a week.

Too funny...

Teen shot by Border Patrol had smuggling arrests

EL PASO, Texas (AP) - A 15-year-old Mexican boy shot and killed by a U.S. Border Patrol agent was among El Paso's most wanted juvenile immigrant smugglers, according to federal arrest records reviewed by The Associated Press.

The records show Sergio Adrian Hernandez Huereca had been arrested at least four times since 2008 and twice in the same week in February 2009 on suspicion of smuggling illegal immigrants across the U.S.-Mexico border. Hernandez was repeatedly arrested along the U.S. side of the border near downtown El Paso, not far from where he was killed, but was never charged with a crime by federal prosecutors.

A Border Patrol agent shot and killed Hernandez June 7 while trying to arrest illegal immigrants crossing the muddy bed of the Rio Grande. Some witnesses said a group of people on the Mexican side were throwing rocks at the agents. Agents are generally permitted to use lethal force against rock throwers.

The records show that in at least one case Hernandez was to be paid $50 a person for smuggling four people into the U.S.

The records also show that in one case, federal prosecutors declined to charge Hernandez because there were no "extenuating circumstances or endangerment."

Daryl Fields, a spokesman for the U.S. Attorney's Office in San Antonio, said he could "neither confirm nor deny that information."

Border Patrol officials have declined to comment on his criminal record, citing an ongoing FBI investigation into whether the shooting was justified under Border Patrol rules and whether the agent, who remains unidentified, violated Hernandez's civil rights.

FBI Special Agent William Weiss also declined to comment Friday.

Mexican authorities have called the killing a murder and some demanded that the agent be extradited to Mexico to face criminal charges. U.S. officials have said that is highly unlikely.

A grainy cell phone video capturing the shooting shows several illegal immigrants trying to scramble back to Mexico after a bicycle-mounted Border Patrol agent arrives in the riverbed. The agent detains one man on the U.S. side of the border and fires two audible shots toward Mexico after putting the man on the ground. The video shows what appears to be a body underneath a nearby railroad bridge spanning the border.

Border Patrol officials have said the agent told the rock throwers to stop and back off, but they persisted and he fired several times.

A federal official familiar with the investigation said Friday there is evidence that Hernandez was throwing rocks at the agent at the time of the shooting. The official, who has been briefed on the case and reviewed some evidence, spoke on the condition of anonymity because he is not authorized to speak about the case publicly.

Hernandez's mother, Maria Guadalupe Huereca, said she didn't believe her son had ever been arrested.

She said it couldn't be true because her son had never spent a night away from home and questioned whether police would have repeatedly released suspected smuggler after just a few hours.

"It's a lie," she said in a telephone interview with The Associated Press. "And if it were true, it wouldn't give them the right to kill him."

"May God forgive them."

State and federal prosecutors in Mexico declined to comment, saying there would be no discussion of an ongoing investigation.

Link

<< All that said -- had to chuckle at the 20/25 an hour post. I know plenty of people who would JUMP on that. The most eager toilet-scrubbers you've ever seen. And white as wonder bread. Especially if it was cash (under the table). I'm guessing you've never been to Indiana or Kentucky? >>

I know PLENTY of white folks at home who would jump at twenty bucks an hour. Folks of every other race, shape and hue too - and they all have at least one university degree. Their problem? They are over 50 and very few companies will hire people that age. I have friends in their 70s who work minimum wage jobs because their pension doesn't go far enough these days.

Hey, you think cheap labor is a necessity. Well, China has about 500 million people ready to solve your problem. They will work harder and cheaper than the Mexicans.

The US could take, say 30 million off the hands of the Chinese and make a deal to reduce the amount of our debt the Chinese are holding (how many trillion is it now?).

A win-win.

As an aside, the only thing that confuses me is why Al Gore hasn't found a link between illegal immigration and climate change.

GREAT!!! Send 'em over to pick our crops, work at Mickey D's, mow my lawn, clean my house ...

I am NOT saying cheap labor is a necessity. I am saying the the American people have gotten used to getting certain things cheap (like produce). The tea baggers all rant and rave about this stuff, but gawd forbid they pay an extra $0.50 a pound for their apples!

Maybe ... the body was under the bridge. But on which side of the river?

An eyewitness said Hernandez was clearly on the Mexican side of the border when he was shot. Eyewitness: "Once the youngsters were on Mexican soil, an officialâ€â€I don't know if he was an immigration agent or a police officerâ€â€arrived on a bike, wearing a white shirt, a helmet and shorts, and he shot at the youngsters, at the whole group. Some ran in one direction, and others in another. This one teenage victim hid behind the wall. He looked out, and that's when the teenager was shot."

... and this is supported by this video,

oa2LjgL40KE

"Bullshit. Housekeepers in my neck of the woods get $20 to $25 per hour. They are ALL of Mexican descent. Day laborers at the local home depot get $15 to $20 per hour. They are all of Mexican descent too. Never heard of any Caucasian migrant fruit pickers either."

20 to 25 an hour. Is this considered a low wage? Or are you saying this is a high wage?

I know plenty of people, Americans, who would take jobs paying that much. High school grads. Citizens of the USA. Part time or full time? Way more than the minimum wage isn't it?

The thing is actual citizens would take many of these jobs. But, what perks or extras come along with that pay? Sick pay? Health insurance? Vacation pay? I'd say it is the extras that the people hiring illegals save a lot on by hiring non-Americans. Are they paying SS and unemployment taxes for these illegal workers? Doubtful. Are these illegal employees covered by OSHA and other labor laws, or are they used and abused by the sleazebag criminal traitors (yes, I said traitors) that hire them?

Fine and throw the EMPLOYERS in prison. For serious amounts and time.

If the price of apples and tomatoes go up, well, they'll likely start importing apples and tomatoes from China or Mexico. (Hell, I think they already do anyways.)

Archived