Arizona's Next Immigration Target: Children of Illegals

cavanami

#2. There are no jobs that Americans won't do.

Bullshit. Housekeepers in my neck of the woods get $20 to $25 per hour. They are ALL of Mexican descent. Day laborers at the local home depot get $15 to $20 per hour. They are all of Mexican descent too. Never heard of any Caucasian migrant fruit pickers either.

#4. Illegal aliens are NOT critical to the economy.

Perhaps not to the economy as a whole' date=' but it is to certain industries e.g. agriculture, fast food. See point #2....

They key phrase is "decent wage" i.e. a wage a non-hispanic would find acceptable. See #2[/quote']

There needs to be a reasonable and intelligent immigration policy. I don't think stoking tensions and persecuting people already here will do much good, but there does need to be some sort of intelligent policy that is actually enforced and mitigates the flow.

I am concerned about cartel-type violence down south gradually making its way up here, and you're seeing pockets of that. Needs to be prevented.

All that said -- had to chuckle at the 20/25 an hour post. I know plenty of people who would JUMP on that. The most eager toilet-scrubbers you've ever seen. And white as wonder bread. Especially if it was cash (under the table). I'm guessing you've never been to Indiana or Kentucky? :)

I remember being shocked when I came to CA how everyone had a 'gardener.' People with a tiny two foot patch of half-dead grass need their own gardener to come once a week.

Too funny...

Thannk you D32. I grew up in the ghettos of Detroit. It INSULTS me when folks say that people will not work for those wages. They will. Anything else is pure GOP propaganda. If you disagree, just do the math. Unemployment is $300/week. $25/hr is $1k. What the fuck do you think? Both salaries get taxed, so...

They just won't do it without proper OSHA and whatever protection. Sinclair Lewis is as relevant today as he was then.

Idiot cunts.

Cheers,

LK

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My sister was in the computer records department of Circuit City for 20 plus years. Then Circuit City went tits up - and so did most of her pension! She works at some mickey mouse job now probably for not much more than minimum wage simply to make money and build up more Social Security for retirment time. I'm sure she'd jump through hoops to get $20 or $25 an hour. And this is somebody with two university degrees!

My Honda got stolen last week. Taken for a joyride by some Latino gangbangers (where I live, it's all 'Avenues' gang members -- google 'avenues gang drew street' or 'avenues gang glassell park' or 'highland park').

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2009/09/massive-raid-in-glassell-park-snags-44-avenues-gang-members.html

I live in a granny unit behind a house and when I first moved here they tagged both my front and back door. I should've moved then but too much pride. And they left me alone after that. Till last Friday night, they busted the Honda's driver side window, ripped out the ignition, and had some fun till they rammed a curve and bent in a front wheel -- doing significant damage.

Most of the neighborhood is pretty damn cool except for these fuckheads.

The bad thing about it is, people forget everything else and they fixate on the worst. Even when I posted that clip on the violence after the Laker's game I felt a tinge of guilt, because it doesn't fairly represent the majority of Latinos I know here and like. People who work their asses off for a better life and are kindhearted.

But you can't ignore the dark shit either.

Immigration is a tough one.

4739334303_613b80f261.jpg

Immigration ain't all that tough D32. If the hands of these MFers were amputated (before deportation), Jose, Luis, and Ramon would probably engage in other "fun" activities. :up:

When 25-35% of California's prison beds are occupied by wets, I'd say illegal immigration is a big problem...and providing amnesty to these numbnuts isn't the fucking answer.

HH

Archived