Arizona's Next Immigration Target: Children of Illegals

cavanami

"...I saw one story of a woman who was a 20 year illegal resident and has a son who is currently fighting in Afghanistan and has fought in Iraq. She has other sons, all born here who want to be marines as well..."

My guess is her kids are now U.S. citizens, or permanent legal residence, would have to be to hold a security clearance I think(?), and therefore, by some law/policy, she can stay and be petitioned for legal status by her kids...if the story is even true. We will no doubt hear all sorts of extremes to justify letting all 10 million+ stay here, just won't work. If we took a really hard line and even went after ALL the special heart wrenching cases, it might send a message to others.

I listened to Obama's speech tonight on this subject, he pretty much said nothing, but hinted at a "sort of amnesty" (not really sure how to describe it) Basically, they need to register, pay taxes and learn English...so where is the deterrent to others? We are thus basically sending the message "if you get here, you can stay..."

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, Sport, I get to keep the donuts and you owe me some $$$ :neener: (I'll happily accept a couple of beers in lieu when I'm over your way in Sept.) FWIW, I've NEVER been for "amnsesty" for illegals.

But I like donuts LOL!

But booze is good too. It'll be good to catch up again. Been too long. What, a couple of years anyway, right?

Well' date=' Sport, I get to keep the donuts and you owe me some $$$ :neener: (I'll happily accept a couple of beers in lieu when I'm over your way in Sept.) FWIW, I've NEVER been for "amnsesty" for illegals.[/quote']

But I like donuts LOL!

But booze is good too. It'll be good to catch up again. Been too long. What, a couple of years anyway, right?

Ok...you supply the beer and I'll stop by Dunkin' Donuts or Foodland. :up: (Bring your calulator and we can tally the calories/carbs 555555555)

HH

We are thus basically sending the message "if you get here' date=' you can stay..." [/quote']

No different than Reagan's "dry feet" policy for Cubans and Haitians that's been in place in Florida...

When our ancestors came to the USA, they looked at it that they had made it and had no feelings of possibly being sent back.

100+ years ago when the immigrants arrived in the USA, this was a time when there were NO welfare programs and people had to hit the road running!

Also, the USA had a very small population, so OK to add more people (needed more people to kill out the native Indians (another discussion)).

The immigrants that arrived went to WORK! any job! they LEARNED the English (American?) language, they tried to blend in and be Americans.

Different today.

Archived