Arizona's Next Immigration Target: Children of Illegals

cavanami

My biggest concern about the illegal immigration issue from Mexico and to a large extent central american countries adjacent or near it is that unlike immigrants in the 1800s and early 20th century, a good number of these illegals DON'T view America as their home.

They are firmly devoted to their mother country and (maybe I'm wrong here) its my understanding they sometimes even harbor some animosity towards the U.S. in some cases. Especially some Mexicans who view parts of the U.S. (California and Texas and the SW) as 'their' land.

Immigrants a hundred years ago (Irish, Italians, and other Europeans) also loved their old countries but they also wanted to be American and desperatel wanted their children to just as American as the rest.

There just seems too many instances where that is not the case with a lot of the latino immigrants and its very, very worrisome. There is a growing part of the population that doesn't care about the country and many of their American born children harbor animosity towards the U.S. and even though they are born here, see Mexico as their country.

Sorta wanting their cake and eating too. The benefits of citizenship but don't regard the USA as their country.

I don't know what percentage. Maybe it is small but from what I persoanlly see and what I read or hear, its a large enough number to be worrisome to me.

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There is a growing part of the population that doesn't care about the country and many of their American born children harbor animosity towards the U.S...

Sorta wanting their cake and eating too. The benefits of citizenship but don't regard the USA as their country.

Normally I hate one-word replies but here it suffices:

Yes.

... where did you get this 35% figure?

"By the end of 1999, these same prisons housed over 68,000 criminal aliens. Today, criminal aliens account for over 29 percent of prisoners in Federal Bureau of Prisons "

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20091211154232AAfN4G9

That is Federal for Federal crimes.

California it is roughly 35% but the various state agencies go to a lot of effort to try to obscure that number.

Food stamps are almost half, emergency room visits almost half, etc.

I don't know about the rest of the US but in California it is an invasion.

I would argue the invasion is over. California is lost. I lived there, its lost. I have a number of Mexican American and Latino friends so I wanna put that 'some of my best friends are' statement in there. However, in LA at least I see a growing feeling from a lot that they feel they've won.

Similar to Cubans in Miami. They run the place. Its as simple as that. You MUST know spanish for many if not most city and county jobs that deal with the public but I'm not so sure knowing english is a requirement. I really don't. My parents live there and have a business that tries to get city contracts but have been told that they need a Cuban American 'front man' to have any chance.

We are thus basically sending the message "if you get here' date=' you can stay..." [/quote']

No different than Reagan's "dry feet" policy for Cubans and Haitians that's been in place in Florida...

Exactly right! and what did old Ronnie accomplish? Jack shit that is what...he set the current tone...amnesty and a lottery...just gave incentive for more to come. "The greatest president of our time..." my ass...

[color:green]California it is roughly 35% but the various state agencies go to a lot of effort to try to obscure that number. [/color]

That is the % of Hispanics, not illegals. :doah:

The percentage of illegal aliens in the California prison system is roughly 35%. Am sure on this...maybe a fraction smaller like 33% but still significant.

The state really tries to obscure this figure. Nobody wants to piss off that voting block.

If the US as a whole looked at what groups are most likely to be involved in crime, do time in jails or prison, join gangs, etc., as far as what groups to target as potential immigrants Indians and Chinese would be at the top. As would Thais.

A solid minefield with Apache gunships circling overhead would hover above the US-Mexican border non-stop. The illegal alien drain on the California economy is that bad...

But, like Chocolate Steve, I too have Hispanic and Mexican-American friends. Including some who work in the prison system here....as well as sexual experiences in decades past with Mexican American women, both legal and illegal.

Most extremely hot at the time but, sadly, some only mediocre.

We are thus basically sending the message "if you get here' date=' you can stay..." [/quote']

No different than Reagan's "dry feet" policy for Cubans and Haitians that's been in place in Florida...

Exactly right! and what did old Ronnie accomplish? Jack shit that is what...he set the current tone...amnesty and a lottery...just gave incentive for more to come. "The greatest president of our time..." my ass...

Well, I don't think exactly right. That is, with respect to the Cuban "dry feet" policy.

As for the 1986 fiasco, true; Reagan signed the bill in response to pleas from farmers. Significantly, the amnesty did "nada" to reduce farmers' reliance on cheap labor. This was due to the fact that a good portion of those receiving amnesty went into other jobs: manufacturing, food processing, maintenance, landscaping (gardners)...seemingly doing anything but farm work. So, the question is this: does anybody have reason to believe that things would be different 25 years from now? Of course not...at least a plausible reason. The simple reason amnesty is being pushed by Obama is that which I noted before...He and the Demoncrat party are desperate for any vote they can muster...and that is particularly true of the Hispanic vote (at least 1/4 of which voted Republican last time around). Obama and the Demoncrats are buying votes with this issue...and passing the cost on to the American taxpayer. Adding millions to social security and healthcare will not be free. And the low wages earned by these amnesty recipients would not even come close to the cost of including them in such programs...not to mention their kids. Simple math. They don't bring to the table even a reasonable percentage of what they consume now. No reason to think they would do otherwise if legalized. FUCK OBAMA and the "immigration reformists"!!!!

As for Reagan being the "greatest president", I do not recall him being so labelled. One thing for sure, Ronnie was head and shoulders above the asshole in the office now. (And I suspect Palin would be also.)

HH

Archived