2010/11 Season

chelseafan

Steve

Living / Working in Spain I have had the privelege of seeing this Barca team on many occasions, early season they were on par with early 70's Ajax but they have gone off the boil as of late.

On the other hand United are peaking, OK we dont play pretty football with this team but they have the will to win, its often mentioned that "This is the worst United Team" in years, well OK how bad is the rest of the league if the worst team in 2 decades won the title

With Webb as the Ref I think United can dictate midfield, an area where any game is won or lost, Vidic will be able to handle Messi and Valencia on the right and Hernandez through the middle will give the barca defence a challange.

It will be an interesting game for me because I will be with my Father who was at the 68 Final , and my crazy Catalan girlfriend who is as passionate about Barca as I am about United, strange partnership Barca and United fans share the same bed.

Now the premiership is wrapped up we have 2 weeks to prepare for the final, and I think Fergie has learned from the Rome encounter

Bring it on

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Steve

Living / Working in Spain I have had the privelege of seeing this Barca team on many occasions, early season they were on par with early 70's Ajax but they have gone off the boil as of late.

On the other hand United are peaking, OK we dont play pretty football with this team but they have the will to win, its often mentioned that "This is the worst United Team" in years, well OK how bad is the rest of the league if the worst team in 2 decades won the title

With Webb as the Ref I think United can dictate midfield, an area where any game is won or lost, Vidic will be able to handle Messi and Valencia on the right and Hernandez through the middle will give the barca defence a challange.

It will be an interesting game for me because I will be with my Father who was at the 68 Final , and my crazy Catalan girlfriend who is as passionate about Barca as I am about United, strange partnership Barca and United fans share the same bed.

Now the premiership is wrapped up we have 2 weeks to prepare for the final, and I think Fergie has learned from the Rome encounter

Bring it on

Its a pretty bad EPL this season from top to bottom. 77 points won it. There may have been less points to have won it but with the amount of internationals playing in the league and the money spent on players, the quality this season has dropped considerably. Chelsea would be the poster children for off seasons. As bad as we were we should have not had a shout at the title at all and we were in it no more than a month ago.

It may not be one of Man Utd's best season but someone had to win it? If Chelsea had won it or we had won it, you'd hear the same thing being said.

Its an awful premiership season. Conversely, Barca had one of their best seasons ever.

Still, its a one off cup game and those can take any kind of turns.

Good luck though.

I thought it was a good season, the so called lesser clubs put in performances and made it more competative, the so called big four did not get an easy ride, Blackpool were a revelation, played some good football and were a joy to watch.

Champions League final should be interesting, a United mad guy and his Barcelona Girlfriend , I know weird mix hehe well up for it

• 2 weeks later...

As finals go it was not bad. Barca fully deserved their win. No real surprise in the result. However, must compliment Fergie as much as I hate him that I thought he had a fairly effective tactic given the quality of this Barca side. He tried to stifle them with a packed midfield and hit them on the counter and although he had limited effects it did create early problems for Barca.

Barca are just on another level. No disgrace in losing to this side. They are too good. Been that way all season. I'm still not sure how Arsenal won the home leg of our tie.

I would have played Anderson instead of Carrick perhaps since the former has more pace and is more active and in the tactics he had, Anderson would have been more energetic but couldn't really fault MU too much for that.

Messi is on another planet quality wise. He's unplayable at times.

BB

I met up with KS yesterday evening at the weekly meet and made the donation as per our agreement, I always stand by my bets.

As for the game, the better team won and I was fortunate enough to get to watch this Barca team on numerous occasions when I was working and living in Spain.

Everyone raves about Messi and Xavi but for me Iniesta is the star, he is the playmaker freakin genius

• 2 weeks later...

disappointed on several accounts.

we lost... :down:

i should have been on Phuket watching the game with friends... :chili:

but i never got to Phuket :banghead:

turned up at Gatwick and Emirates decided i was not fit to travel and i never got to travel... :cussing:

ended up spending 2 weeks in hospital and watched the game in a ward with 6 geriatrics... :(

missed the beer and girl on each arm... :doah:

Archived