2010/11 Season

chelseafan

Just got back from Camp Nou

I must admit RVP was unlucky for his second yellow, I didn't hear the whistle and we were sat less than 20 Meters from the ref when he blew, harsh decision.

Iniesta / Messi / Xavi, I could watch them day in day out, Messi always gets the plaudits due to his phenominal goalscoring record, 45 so far this season, but for me Iniesta is the star. He is the playmaker, in the Ptemier league we have had Vierra, Keane Scholes Essien etc, but Iniesta is head and shoulders above all of them, I played Central Midfield so I know the position and how easy he makes it look.

I am lucky enough to be in Spain whilst this current Barca team is together, I grew up on the Holy Trinity of Best / Law / Charlton, I have seen Eusabio in his prime but the current Barca team are the best I have ever watched.

Now the fact that my Spanish GF is a Hot Blooded Latino from Catalan who is more into her football than most guys I know sure helps, she has dragged me all over Spain to watch Barca this season, we got out tickets for Copa Del Rey final today.

United v Arsenal in FA Cup next Saturday, I drag her to United games, if United beat Marsaille and draw Barca in Quarter Finals it will be WW III in this house.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

I thought our season was definitely over with the last result and the failed to keep pace. That and not getting a win against Blackburn as well. That said, though I thought the refereeing in the WHU v. MU game left a lot to be desired. Vidic deserved a red and it would have been 10 men, 2-0 down. Man Utd played well but not too sure about coming back from 2-0 with 10 men.

As far as sperz and Real Madrid. As much as I hate Mourinho and RM, its a no brainer who I will be cheering for. No way on God's green earth will I want the scum to do well.

As far as Arenal many fans are fed up if the various forums are anything to go buy. Wenger and the board have no excuse. We went into last summer needing a GK and a CB and we didn't buy a GK, a crime in itself given our resources and insted of going for proven defender we get a player who played 2nd division french football. 2nd division English football has better quality that 2nd division french football. We start him and he's way over his head. Bigger league, with world class strikers in a new league, having to settle in a new country and I can't blame him. NO WAY Wenger should have started him under that scenario. We are one of the richest clubs in the world but buy players as if we're Bolton or Everton. Okay, rant over.

Man Yoo will win it obviously and the only exciting game domestically left is the FA Cup semis.

CL has some fun left as well.

I thought our season was definitely over with the last result and the failed to keep pace. That and not getting a win against Blackburn as well. That said, though I thought the refereeing in the WHU v. MU game left a lot to be desired. Vidic deserved a red and it would have been 10 men, 2-0 down. Man Utd played well but not too sure about coming back from 2-0 with 10 men.

As far as sperz and Real Madrid. As much as I hate Mourinho and RM, its a no brainer who I will be cheering for. No way on God's green earth will I want the scum to do well.

As far as Arenal many fans are fed up if the various forums are anything to go buy. Wenger and the board have no excuse. We went into last summer needing a GK and a CB and we didn't buy a GK, a crime in itself given our resources and insted of going for proven defender we get a player who played 2nd division french football. 2nd division English football has better quality that 2nd division french football. We start him and he's way over his head. Bigger league, with world class strikers in a new league, having to settle in a new country and I can't blame him. NO WAY Wenger should have started him under that scenario. We are one of the richest clubs in the world but buy players as if we're Bolton or Everton. Okay, rant over.

Man Yoo will win it obviously and the only exciting game domestically left is the FA Cup semis.

CL has some fun left as well.

CS,

Agree that the season is over. Frustrating is an understatement and I think Fabregas will be gone over the summer because of this!

On the CB position, I don't think that anybody expected Vermaelen to be out for the whole season!

• 1 month later...

Well I think its over now

Left the ground 20 minutes ago and the atmosphere was electric, having a celabration drink with my Dad, he has supported United for over 70 years and is buzzing with the fact we may have finaly overcome Liverpool. My Mother warned me not to bring him home drunk hehe.

Bring on Barca on 28th May

Congratz on your most likely 19th title but Barca will kick your little sorry ass, no doubt about it.

For the Gooners here, when will Wenger realize that there is a defensive problem and a serious goalkeeper needs to be had? That would be step # 1, admitting there is a problem, step # 2 will be to address the problem and step # 3 will be to pick up the silverware.

Archived