Incompetent Ministry of Tourism and Sports (MOTS), Thailand?

hunghung

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know you do KS but let's not hijack this thread,

Back to the OP IMHO you are wasting too much time and effort on a situation that occurred over 2 years ago and, as I have previously pointed out. As a percentage of what you were initially prepared to shell out your perceived losses were minimal.

There are things more important in life to be concerned about than being ripped off by less than $100 and if this is your major issue in life you sure are a lucky guy.

I've got people who owe me a helluva lot more than than from years ago. No sense worrying about it, since I know I'll never see it again. I've also been screwed out of money on the sales of my books by several book stores. Taught me never to be so trusting again. Such is life. :(

Dear Hunghung

On my last visit to the Kingdom. A waitress in a drinking establishment (Noi's Beerbar) tried to shortchange me by 5 baht. Ever vigilant, thanks to sites like these, I argued loudly with the non-English speaking manager for several hours to rectify the situation. Alas, in doing so, I missed my cheap flight home and had to pony up $3000 to get on a different flight.

Given your vast experience in these matters, can you give me the name of a lawyer I can contact? Cost is no object. Also, can you point me to the proper government ministry to complain to?

Finally, it appears that you have posted this information on dozens, if not hundreds, of sites. I too plan on "outing" Noi's Beerbar by posting on all of these sites. Can you give me your list?

Cheers

I just stepped on an ant in the back yard, by accident. The ant won't write a book about it, because it's dead and probably lacked writing skills. But imagine if it did, who would read the book?

I vow to stop posting in this thread, because I'm disproving my own theory. lol

I don't live in Thailand and don't know any lawyer there. If you want to complain about a bar on matter unrelated to hygiene, I have no idea where you may go to. (My complaint is on a travel agent and MOTS is the right place to go to.)

I'll give you the list through a private message later.

Archived