Incompetent Ministry of Tourism and Sports (MOTS), Thailand?

hunghung

I don't live in Thailand and don't know any lawyer there. If you want to complain about a bar on matter unrelated to hygiene, I have no idea where you may go to. (My complaint is on a travel agent and MOTS is the right place to go to.)

I'll give you the list through a private message later.

Well, any lawyer worth his salt is not going to give you a free 20 minute consultation.

So, let's assume he is a good lawyer, well, after 5 minutes he will ascertain that your claim has no real merit. In that, it merely goes to the quality of the promise not the breach of it. After all, we are not talking about fine gem stones or a genuine Rolex watch. In essence you got what was promised. How you missed the bus and others did not is nobodies business.

Well, now the good lawyer has told you that you are pissing in the wind, but you mention that kerching legal phrase "it's the principle". He saids, "Okay, put $5,000.00 US into our trust account, and we shall see what we can do about it". How does principle feel now?

So, back to the real victims, the personnel back at MOTS. What do you want them to believe? So you paid 31,000 baht for a trip instead of maybe 15,000 baht. No different to someone, on Sukhumvit Road, paying $100.00 for a fake Louis Vutton bag instead of say $30.00 to $40.00 for it. You still had a trip but paid over the odds, you still pay for a handbag but pay over the odds, this happens all over the world.

So, the lawyers at MOTS is scratching his head, bad service, over pricing are not legal issues. Yes, if they just took your money but no trip we can do something about it. If they took you to Burma instead of Cambodia, yes, we could do something about it. However, don't come to us because the ice cream fell off your ice cream cone, that's is just bad luck and Buddha will take care of that :beer:

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't see why many ppl see my complaint as an overcharge issue.

The travel agent (intentionally) failed to deliver what it promised (written on the tour program description). This is a failure-to-deliver issue rather than an overcharge issue.

If you paid a furniture store for a dinning set, but it delivers the table without the matching chairs, would you say the store has overcharged you and, because it is an overcharge issue, you would happily settle the matter if the store gives you a refund equals to the value of the chair? It is clearly more accurate to say the store has failed to deliver.

I don't live in Thailand and don't know any lawyer there. If you want to complain about a bar on matter unrelated to hygiene, I have no idea where you may go to. (My complaint is on a travel agent and MOTS is the right place to go to.)

I'll give you the list through a private message later.

If you have any sources to complain to about Virgie's dead ant, that too would be most helpful.

I don't see why many ppl see my complaint as an overcharge issue.

The travel agent (intentionally) failed to deliver what it promised (written on the tour program description). This is a failure-to-deliver issue rather than an overcharge issue.

If you paid a furniture store for a dinning set, but it delivers the table without the matching chairs, would you say the store has overcharged you and, because it is an overcharge issue, you would happily settle the matter if the store gives you a refund equals to the value of the chair? It is clearly more accurate to say the store has failed to deliver.

From what you originally wrote at http://www.thai360.com/fbb/showtopic.php?tid/52676... I am under the belief that money was the root case of your complaint (as 2 of the 3 items you listed were about money issues, one you did not even fall for (a bad money exchange rate)).

You only mentioned 1 item that was not in accordance with the planned itinerary, in which, you may have missed the bus. What else was not offered as promised?

Archived