Van Damme: Principled or Fool?

Steve

http://screenrant.com/van-damme-stallone-expendables-ross-5459/

I am going to see The Expendables. While reading about the movie, which is really a Stallone movie for over the hill action stars, I learned Van Damme (amongst a few others) turned down the role.

His reason was as follows:

“Stallone gave me a part in his next movie,†he [Van Damme] told us. “But I ask him about the subject, about the story.â€Â

“He said, ‘You’re gonna make lots of money.’ I don’t want to hear that, I want to hear what was my character. He was unable to tell what it’s going to be.â€Â

“[stallone said:] ‘You know, uh, well, the fighting will be good.’ [so I said:] ‘Sly, what is my character?’ So I didn’t do the movie.â€Â

I've had the misfortune of seeing some of Jean Claude's films of recent years and lets just say they won't be screened by the Oscars.

Sly was big on coke in the 70s, like everyone else. Didn't share any first hand, but my neighbors did. Van Damme is just a fag. Didn't he get beat up by some random guy in Malibu, or am I mistaking him for someone else?

Supposedly, Chuck Zito knocked out VD with 1 punch. Of all the martial art actors, VD is maybe the worst.

You guys don't know what you are talking about!

Expendables will be an allstar b-movie (just watch the trailer on Youtube and tell me otherwise!), whereas Van Damme has actually done some good film in recent years. Just maybe, the Expendables was below him!? To mention one good movie with superb acting, check out the self titled "JCVD". It received great reviews overall.

BTW, let me ask you this: you read that quote from the conversation with Sly and you think anybody would say 'yes'?

This movie is Sly trying to capitalize on "Rambo" (which was pretty good), but he's thinking more is better and it's certainly not.

Archived