What's an American to do?

Night_Rider

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I forgot to mention, my first new car was German. 1980 VW Wabbit convertible, black with red pin stripes.

I thought it was the shit, the bee's knees, the cat's meow and all that, when I proudly arrived home with it and parked it in the driveway.

My housemates were giggling as the bong was passed, so I naturally asked, "what's up?"

One of them replied, "We're laughing at you because you just wasted all your money on a chick car." (A pre-OH ruling, but spot on, nonetheless!)

The car was functional, but the rag top got slashed every other day. :doah:

Remember, Ford, unlike GM/Chrysler, took no bailout money and are making a slow comeback actually improving sales and almost making money. Not bad for Fix Or Repair Daily (FORD).

GM's bureaucracy and over-management and similar cars for the longest time sort of killed them early. Ford got rid of Mercury, and is minimizing Lincoln dealerships, GM finally got the message and did away with Olds (a few years ago) and Pontiac.

Too many identical cars, check Chevy and Isuzu in Thailand--guess who makes it.

So I think I've broken this P4P online code you've been using in response to my question. If I have it code correct I'm to:

1. seek out Ozzie sluts

2. trained in China

3. shipped to America

4. in a German car

5. using US government TARP funds

6. and a quart of lube at each encounter

Did I understand the code properly?

Fuck it. I'll go to Patters.

I have had a Ford Taurus for the past ten years, still running OK. Before that, another Taurus.

Also bought a 1985 Nissan Pickup, which I still have, 150,000 miles, still running.

Yes, I do keep cars for a while.

Just back from a 2000 mile road trip with the Taurus, 30 miles/gallon, 71000 miles on the car, so no complaints. Just the usual maintenance but did have two sensors go out, so about $200 for repairs.

Over ten years of use, a total of $1600 in maintenance (tires, brakes, tune ups, oil changes), not too bad!

Remember, Ford, unlike GM/Chrysler, took no bailout money and are making a slow comeback actually improving sales and almost making money. Not bad for Fix Or Repair Daily (FORD).

I wish them well, seriously.

American Airlines was the one major (US) airline that didn't file for bankruptcy. Their reward for fiscal responsibility? The highest labor costs in the industry. I'm all for higher wages in that industry, but it hardly seems fair.

Link

The companies need to work with the unions/workers to make it a win-in for everyone, not just the CEO cashing in on HUGE bonuses!

What has United Air done for the employees after the employees took pay/benefit/pension cuts? Has the upper management taken cuts or are they still sucking up bonuses at the expense of the employees?

Jump in, OH...

Archived