What's an American to do?

Night_Rider

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did meet a couple of guys in Havana who were quite upfront about being American (yes I know BT...America is more than the US) but for the sake of discussion...anyway....they'd flown down from Toronto and were having a great time. The ones pretending to be Canadians were in Varadero. They acted like they were being tracked by drones. And you're right OH....see it before the rush.

I know an American guy who went to cuba, and said he was an American, and he was treated quite well. It is possible for Americans to go to Cuba, and I suggest we go before we are officially allowed, as after that, the place will go to shit...

Yep, it'll become South Beach South with all of the charter flights from Atlanta, Miami, Orlando, Tampa, etc, McDonald's and other American chains moving in, and I would venture to say that there will eventually be a major league baseball franchise in Havana with the popularity and participation of the sport being so high there as well as in the Dominican Republic.

To answer another post in this thread, they gladly take US dollars in Cuba. You just can't use credit cards and travellers checques drawn from a US bank.

Archived