USA Trying to add 1% on banking!

cavanami

Use your debit card and pay the US gov a 1% tax...Dems pushing for this one, if your keeping score!

http://www.snopes.com/politics/taxes/debtfree.asp" rel=nofollow target=_blank>snopes.com: Debt Free America Act•••

Is

the U.S. government proposing a 1% tax on debit card usage and/or

banking transactions?

...It is true. The bill

is HR-4646 [color:red]introduced by US Rep Peter deFazio D-Oregon[/color] and US

[color:red]Senator Tom Harkin D-Iowa[/color]. Their plan is to [color:red]sneak it in[/color] after

the...

...fee-based system (H.R. 3759), he

introduced a similar bill in 2005 (H.R. 1601), again in 2007

(H.R. 2130), and again in 2009 (H.R. 1703). None of

these...

...moved beyond proposing studies and submitted

the Debt Free America Act (H.R. 4646), a bill calling for

the implementation of a scheme to pay down the...

Wed, 20 Oct 2010

11:26:47 GMT http://www.snopes.com/politics/taxes/debtfree.asp

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Before the bailout, during the bailout and after banks were f**king the consumer. Fees is a huge money maker for them. Fees for just about anything, ATM usage, wire transfers, fees for the privelege of holding your money for you unless of course you agree to funnel all your money through them with automatic payroll deposit, your mortgage, etc.

The amount charged for ATM is way more than it takes to run the machines. Its been proven. Wire transfers between banks is electronic and automated. There is no clerk that sits there with a visor and 10key punches hundreds of these a day. However, they charge us up the ying yang and say its because of the costs of processing. One of my brothers works for a bank. Its all BS.

My bank charges $35 for overdraft. They charge $8 a month for checking if you have the basic plan.

Furthermore, the last remnant of any kind of economic account, the credit union, is under fire from the banks. They've been trying to get congress to make them extinct for years. Many credit unions don't charge ATM fees between them and other credit unions. Bankings dirty little secret exposed. Credit unions give lower rates for car loans, mortgages, etc. Banks hate that obviously and even though a very small percentage of personal banking is done via credit unions they want to eliminate that one little piece of savings for the average american.

Look at the profits banks are posting nowadays. If ther were ever a bigger scam since creating the Federal Reserve, I don't know what it is.

They create their own mess, get us all to pay for the mess and now have made huge profits.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/08/31/bank-profits-soar-lending_n_700574.html

Bank profits jumped 21 percent last quarter to nearly $22 billion, the highest level in three years,

Taxing the internet will happen if not next somewhere down the line. The government is chomping at the bit at the possible revenue from that.

The USA is becoming unlivable for the average wage earner. If you can make enough where it doesn't matter, its still a good country. Lots of upside potential and the best country on earth with regards to earning potential if you can come up with a better mouse trap, operating system or social network site. Save that, I wouldn't emigrate to the U.S. were I someone from a third world country. Europe or another first first world nation would be my vote. An EU or UK passport is getting as good to have as US one used to.

How can you save enough as a middle class american nowadays anyway? Forget even having a family, its tough enough single. Nye on impossible raising kids in today's America being somewhat stable financially.

Cav,

Did you see the part underneath the title? where it says "...mixture of true and false information...?" And did you read all the way through it? See the part where it says Pelosi was actually commenting on another tax plan, NOT this 1% one?

I am all for a national sales tax, ONLY if they eliminate ALL income taxes and the tax is less than my current rate...but that will never happen.

The politicians making it so damn confusing that the average person just tunes out of the stinking mess! which is good for the politicians but bad for the people/country.

A national sales tax, most likely will be temporary, just like the Federal Income Tax, the Illinois State Income Tax, etc etc etc.

The US gov needs to do what the rest of the country (business/people) are doing, trimming their budget, cutting corners where they can, doing without many things, getting pay and benefit cuts, etc.

The politician attitude, "...let them eat cake...".

You ever hear of a tax Demoncraps don't embrace?

HH

Funny how a GOPer (Reagan) was presiding over the biggest tax increase in US history tho', and the Dems have lowered taxes since 2008. And none of this would be necessary had the GOPers not put two unfunded wars and unfunded giveaways to big pharma and the richest 0.1% on the books while repealing Glass-Stegall which lead to this mess in the first place. But let's not let facts get in the way, right HH...

Archived