USA Trying to add 1% on banking!

cavanami

OH...LK doesn't have a point here. Just google all the news items concerning "funding Iraq war" and you'll see what I mean. You are talking about HOW these wars are funded/paid for. The fact is, they ARE being paid for; they are being "funded". Supplemental funding bills are used all the time for stuff; these wars are a couple of those "stuffs". Other examples are extended unemployment benefits and bailout programs and such laughable programs such as "cash for clunkers". Whether or not you have the $$$ to pay off a loan doesn't mean that your purchase/expenditure is not funded. The funds have been made available. Really very simple. LK just got caught with his pants down while in an impaired state, I feel. :content:

HH

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wondered about something and perhaps someone can tell me instead of lazy butt having to actually research it on the net.

Many if not most countries are in various states of economic duress. Europe certainly is but I wonder if Switzerland specifically are having the same economic problems as most other european nations?

The reason I ask is that they are known as a very conservative country financially. Perhaps moreso than the Germans.

OH...LK doesn't have a point here. Just google all the news items concerning "funding Iraq war" and you'll see what I mean. You are talking about HOW these wars are funded/paid for. The fact is, they ARE being paid for; they are being "funded". Supplemental funding bills are used all the time for stuff; these wars are a couple of those "stuffs". Other examples are extended unemployment benefits and bailout programs and such laughable programs such as "cash for clunkers". Whether or not you have the $$$ to pay off a loan doesn't mean that your purchase/expenditure is not funded. The funds have been made available. Really very simple. LK just got caught with his pants down while in an impaired state, I feel. :content:

HH

Yes, funded with borrowed money, and we see where that got us...

Are you saying "you own a car' when you go to the bank and 100% finance it? Or does the bank own it?

If you own it, then there should be no worries not paying the bank, especially when the repo truck pulls up to your car.

Kind of my point to HH, sure funds were made to buy something you couldn't afford, but you don't really own it, all you did was incur debt to get it. Truth is, if the bank had to take the car, it was because you couldn't afford the debt...sort of like these wars, to bad the Chinese can't reposses them...

No, you just fail to face facts. OH was exactly correct. You can play with terminology all you want, but very little of this shit was in the budget, therefore in business terms, "unfunded." It is not like they didn't know the costs. They chose to ignore them and play games to hide these costs from the people and from Congress.

Deficit spending. Same shit you're going apoplectic over if Obama does it at a rate of 10% of Bush.

[color:purple]"Looking back, the great irony of this administration will be that the only time Bush asked for a full year’s funding for Iraq was in his 2008 request  in the first months of a new Democratic Congress."[/color]

Link

I can not believe you don't know the difference between "not bugeted" and "not funded". But if that is the case, no sense in continuing to try to educate you. :banghead:

HH

Either way, the money just isn't there to buy the desired commodity, in this case GWBs wars.

Archived