USA Trying to add 1% on banking!

cavanami

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You ever hear of a tax Demoncraps don't embrace?

HH

Funny how a GOPer (Reagan) was presiding over the biggest tax increase in US history tho'' date=' and the Dems have lowered taxes since 2008. And none of this would be necessary had the GOPers not put two unfunded wars and unfunded giveaways to big pharma and the richest 0.1% on the books while repealing Glass-Stegall which lead to this mess in the first place. But let's not let facts get in the way, right HH...

[/quote']

555555555555 LK, I LOVE your "let's not let facts get in the way". It's sooooooooo, sooooooooooo funny. :rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl:

Although you look to be in your early 30's, I know you're old enough to remember that Bush was dealing with Demoncraps who held both the House and Senate. A little civics lesson for you LK: bills are created and passed by Congress; a President signs them. (Keep this in mind for below.) Accordingly, it was the Demoncraps who raised the taxes. Bush was able to negotiate a lessening impact on the taxpayer before eventually going back on his famous "no new taxes" line. (And it probably cost him his job.)

Unfunded wars? OMG! Congress has repeatedly funded the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. And continues to do so under Demoncrap control of Congress and the White House. Get a grip !(I must say, however, that Obama has fired the first shots in a U.S. Civil War; a warning that the Demoncraps are intent on initiating internal "class warfare".)

Repeal of the G-S Act led to "this mess". Must have come from some liberal/commie blog you read. If you wanna blame GWB for a tax increase by signing the Demoncraps tax increase, then you must also blame Clinton for signing the G-L-B Act that repealed only SOME provisions of the G-S Act; and the most that can be said is that the repeal of some of those provisions MAY have contributed to "this mess". (However, even that is easily debated; a debate that is quite removed from the subject header.)

HH

How is congress funding these wars? by borrowing from the Chinese? GWB dug the grave and put us in it, and Obama gets blamed? I agree he is doing little to effectively stop it...but...that's politics.

ANyway, the election is Tuesday here and in other places, we'll see how people feel then...of course it doesn't matter who wins, we still lose.

How is congress funding these wars? by borrowing from the Chinese? GWB dug the grave and put us in it, and Obama gets blamed? I agree he is doing little to effectively stop it...but...that's politics.

ANyway, the election is Tuesday here and in other places, we'll see how people feel then...of course it doesn't matter who wins, we still lose.

Well, you seem to have "ditto'd" my point. Contrary to LK's claim that the wars are unfunded, they certainly have been funded. The means through which they have been funded is a different story. Unless the polls are really off or unless there are some spectacular last-day reversals, I think we already know the results of the elections. We're still "F'd".

HH

"If ther were ever a bigger scam since creating the Federal Reserve, I don't know what it is. "

I really feel that it all goes back to the first monster bailout in '98. Was it Long Term Capital Management?

Lot of people in banking at the time thought someone would end up in prison over that and just kind of waited. People SHOULD have ended up in prison but nobody did.

Now the size of bailouts will continue to increase as the taxpayer is the guarantor for the Wall St and "the world will end" if we don't cover losses.

The concept of actually holding CEOs accountable is lost on both political parties.

How is congress funding these wars? by borrowing from the Chinese? GWB dug the grave and put us in it' date=' and Obama gets blamed? I agree he is doing little to effectively stop it...but...that's politics.

ANyway, the election is Tuesday here and in other places, we'll see how people feel then...of course it doesn't matter who wins, we still lose.[/quote']

Well, you seem to have "ditto'd" my point. Contrary to LK's claim that the wars are unfunded, they certainly have been funded. The means through which they have been funded is a different story. Unless the polls are really off or unless there are some spectacular last-day reversals, I think we already know the results of the elections. We're still "F'd".

HH

They are funded off the books, all deficit funded, not budgeted for. Hence "unfunded."

HH,

LK may have a valid point here, it is like charging up a huge credit card bill...you used it to pay for the bill, but you can't pay it off, hence you are "unfunded" in your life style...you ultimately go bankrupt, the bill does NOT get paid and you picks up the tab? The rest of us...all because your life style was "unfunded." I see that as sort of what is happening here...

Archived