Pet Peeves in LOS

Dumsoda

Expats who whinge about "Dry Days"

Admittedley its a real pisser to a tourist when the bars are closed and you cannot buy booze anyway but for an expat you should know its happening, it does not take too much to plan ahead, stock the bar and arrange a house party.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Expats who whinge about "Dry Days"

Admittedley its a real pisser to a tourist when the bars are closed and you cannot buy booze anyway but for an expat you should know its happening, it does not take too much to plan ahead, stock the bar and arrange a house party.

Can't say I've ever experienced a dry night in Bangers, thanks to expats who always seem to know SOMEWHERE to go. Don't know why they care...seems to me, if you live there, taking one night off from the bars every now and then might be a good thing. I agree that only feckless first time tourists seem to be the victims of this stupid policy, but I digress...

Reminds me of the odd pub hours they used to have in Ireland on Sundays, in order to ensure the populace went to Mass (sober). Instant 10 deep at the bar the moment the pubs opened, and binge drinking the likes of which I've never seen elsewhere. An unsuspecting tourist might have gotten the impression the country had a drinking problem. ;)

I often wondered why the Irish participated in this Sunday pub madness, rather than just staying home and drinking. The answer, I supposed, was that the latter would be anti-social behavior. :dunno:

<< I saw Life of Brian last night and every time I see you I can't help but laugh. >>

A lot of us still feel that way. :D

OOOHHHH! You are a DICK! You owe me a new laptop! MaiTai is not cleanable from the keyboard nor the screen!!!!

Sorry Vergie. No offense. Actually' date=' I miss partying with you and hope you get back soon.

Or I get to LA.

Or something.[/quote']

Not really a fair assessment, because I've only drank with you or Frash on a few occasions when I was at my worst.

My self image is that of a handsome, worldly, dapper, budget minded, sensible man. :p

Archived