And that is what we did before Fat Lazy Plant Manager got his way. 
For years no internet connection, floppy drives and USB ports disabled, use of encrypted Zip Drives etc. 

And then IT got involved and started the slow decline of civilization as we know it, it is rather akin to letting someone, whom as child, built a Space Ship out of an old washing up liquid bottle and some sticky back plastic Commander a Space Shuttle, it will end in disaster. 

Bloody IT, think the world revolves around them, bunch of self centered pricks. 

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• chocolat steve

• Flashermac

• Coss

• cavanami

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi, Guys, why are you so obsessed with this thread? Why want it locked? Don't like it, just don't bloody read it. Sanuk!  

I do enjoy this guys vlogs. I pretty much disagree with everything he says. But this is very interesting. PS I do like his autoplay video on his home page. I do like his not monetizing the internet

Been a long time. Not surprised to see US politics as the main topic.   Trump - Being President was never Trump's ideas as his goal originally. Trump entered the race for two things. 1. For his br

Posted Images

On the recent global internet outage, affecting some of the big arse sites of the world...

Disclaimer: I've held various IT and IS roles in the past and there are many people, including here on this board, that know more about the topic than I do...

Yep, the amount of IT people, whom I have worked with, whose first action, on being presented with a problem, was not to think about the issue,  but was to look up their course notes, on what ever MicroSoft course they'd completed, is worrying (to me any way).

Like many, who have some passing knowledge, of computers and the "Interweb", many of my friends and family, use me as a source of advice.

One big and recurring topic is "where has my stuff gone?". When I remind them of my previous advice to "always keep a current secure back up and check it frequently", they get embarrassed. 

"But it's in the cloud" - So? That's just someone else's computer, it'll fail just as quickly as yours.

"But they said they guarantee 99.9999% up time". - Hold them to their guarantee then.

"They won't respond to my emails". - Give me your data and a permanent monthly recurring payment of 19.90,  and I'll ignore your emails. I'm cheaper than they are.

• Like 1

Whilst this is, yet another story, of some of the bad things that Trump got up to, whilst in the seated area of the Whitehouse, I bring it to our valued board members' attention, because I want a name, like this guy - David Vigilante

Trump administration pursued CNN reporter's records in months-long secret court battle

Washington (CNN)The Trump administration battled with CNN for half a year to obtain the email records of a reporter and insisted it all take place under an extraordinary order of secrecy, CNN's lead attorney revealed on Wednesday. 

The pursuit -- which started in July 2020 under then-Attorney General William Barr with a demand for two months' of CNN Pentagon correspondent Barbara Starr's 2017 email logs -- continued even after a federal judge told the Justice Department its argument for access to Starr's internal emails was "speculative" and "unanchored in any facts." 

The Trump administration's secret pursuit represents a highly unusual and unrelenting push for journalists' records. It included putting CNN general counsel David Vigilante under a gag order prohibiting him from sharing any details about the government's efforts with anyone beyond the network's president, top attorneys at CNN's corporate parent and attorneys at an outside law firm...

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/06/09/politics/trump-pursuit-cnn-reporter-records-secret-court-battle/index.html